ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mike"
mike

Posted Nov 02, 2010 in: WIndows Phone 7
Score: 0
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2010
  • Score: 0
I have a version of toodledo on windows phone 7 that i ported from a desktop silverlight toodledo app that i have written. it's not totally done, and i haven't addressed notebooks yet, but it's quite similar to the iphone version which i used for a long time before getting the windows phone 7. i started it during the phone beta, and i think i have it fully converted to the rtm. i tabled the project due to lack of interest. nobody on the forums seemed to be interested in the windows phone 7 version. if there is sufficient interest, i will get the project back out and finish it up.

the slim interface doesn't work well on the phone. the screen resolution is 480x800, so it's wider than the slim version is really designed for. the text is too tiny to read, and zooming in doesn't fit everything on the screen. it's really unusable on the windows phone.
mike

Posted Nov 02, 2010 in: Windows Phone 7 sync
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2010
Yeah...I've got one about 80% complete. I tabled it due to a lack of interest. If there is an interest, I can resurrect the project and get it in the store soon.
mike

• mike
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2010
I plan on open sourcing my project if i make significant progress on it.
mike

• mike
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2010
I am currently working on an out-of-browser Silverlight application that is attempting to be a 1:1 Toodledo client, and will run on Windows/Mac (and partially on Linux with Moonlight) and will run offline and sync when online. I'm using a codebase that I wrote to run on Windows Phone 7 (emulator right now). The two reasons I wrote the Silverlight app are 1.) the web interface is just painful. i prefer working on my iPhone because the interface is so nice compared to the web. 2.) gives me offline access (for when it's required). I'm debating canning the project for another opportunity. With my luck, as soon as i get the app written Toodle will make a bad-a$$ interface that will make my app moot. Anyone have any interest in a Silverlight clinet? Or a Windows Phone 7 client?
mike

Posted Jun 07, 2010 in: Support for Flash and Silverlight
  • mike
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2010
The "vulnerability" has the same threat from Flash, Silverlight, or any other service calling the API. There's nothing Flash or Silverlight specific about it. A desktop app or browser request that doesn't use a crossdomain.xml or clientaccesspolicy.xml would pose the same "threat" as a Silverlight or Flash app. So removing the .xml files doesn't really protect anything. It just ensures that the attack vector won't include Silverlight or Flash. What can be done, is to create a proxy service (even with a simple ashx file) on the host of the Silverlight app. Just pass the request through to Toodledo, and stream the response back. I've had success with this approach. Also, using a trusted Silverlight application out of browser doesn't access the clientaccesspolicy.xml files, so you can use the Toodledo APIs without any problem. This is the approach that my current app is using for a full Silverlight client.
mike

Posted Jan 10, 2010 in: Support for Flash and Silverlight
  • mike
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2010
Any plans for the return of these policy files? I have written a Silverlight client that I would like to use with Toodledo.

This message was edited Jan 10, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2