ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Scott"
Scott

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 2
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
  • Score: 2
In grid view you can change the note icon to be on the left - it's an option in the settings / show tasks as - area.

I agree - it's much more useful to me there.

sb
Scott

Score: 0
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2010
  • Score: 0
Hi - In your account settings make sure you have Subtasks enabled. You can also set some sort options for them there as well.

hope that helps,

sb
Scott

Posted Aug 26, 2010 in: Locations, Reverse Sort, and More
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2010
I guess I see this similarly to contexts - If I'm at my office I could just go through and scan my whole list and hope to find all the tasks that involve my office but I don't need to. Being able to say - show me what I can do in this area is the same thing. I could scan my list of errands and try to remember what is close to each other and what things I can group together - or it can do it for me.

Ideally I think this will eventually be smart enough to hook up to other location based services or even my contact list or CRM so I can just say Target and it will search and find the nearest one automatically.

thanks
sb
Scott

• Scott
I think it depends on what sort of tasks you're managing and how important location is.

For me, this is the scenario I'm seeing. I've got 30 minutes and I'm on the west side, what do I have to do that is in this area, what is close to here? My phone knows where I am, Toodledo knows where the stuff I need to do is, pulling this together to make sure I don't miss anything while I can match the time and location is huge.

Pay water bill, go to post office, buy cat food, return $5 to Joe, return a library book, pick up a movie, water the plants for fred, drop off business cards at the coworking spot, get guitar strings, get prescription from target, look at new printer, check out new book store, stop in say hey to Sandra sometime, or Bill or Ted, get oil change, buy a new pillow, shop for socks

All of these might be on my todo list. If Toodledo can tell me where I can do this stuff or how to combine these tasks in a more efficient manner that would be huge for me.

sb
Scott

• Scott
When locations hit the iPhone, I seriously will consider my iTunes ban and jump on this. It's not a huge feature for me currently in the browser but location aware tasks while mobile are going to be amazing. Taking this update as a first step towards that functionality - I'm excited by the possibilities.

App updates are always a mixed bag - you love them if your desired feature (which obviously is the most important and most pressing) is present and hate them if it's not. Me, I'd love to see the ability to manually change the task completed date but whatever, I'm still productive.

sb
Scott

Posted Aug 24, 2010 in: Ban / Voting system / Gotten personal
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2010
heh

sb
Scott

Posted Aug 17, 2010 in: CALANDER
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2010
I just noticed in the inky theme that the next links are nearly invisible.

sb
Scott

Posted Aug 01, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 2
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2010
  • Score: 2
@Transisto,

Dude why are you swearing at me? Relax.

I understand the importance of a UI - I personally just don't find the UI in Toodledo to be wrong, or bad, or inefficient. I actually find it quite useful and generally pleasing compared to others I've used, hence why I continue to use it. I am a human (at least I'm pretty sure that's true) and I'm not sure I've ever cringed at anything in the UI. It works very well for me and I feel that any large scale changes to it would be counter productive to my use.

If you want to take my opinion as a challenge or something, well, I'm really sorry for you.

Cheers!

sb
Scott

Posted Aug 01, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • Scott
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2010
  • Score: -1
I've been a Toodledo User for well over 3 years now. I'm not sure if the profile dates are when accounts were created but I guess it's been at least that long.

Are there a couple things I wish were done a little differently - sure. Do I think it's a hideous mess as everyone (especially you) seem to indicate - absolutely no.

I'm just sharing my opinion - which is different from yours. That's all.

Cheers!

sb
Scott

Posted Jul 30, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: -1
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2010
  • Score: -1
Seriously - I don't understand the issue with the UI. It is minimal and functional and I have no trouble finding anything. The day Toodledo turns in to Things or iTunes is when I cancel.

sb
Scott

Posted Jul 19, 2010 in: Hide personal tasks when at work
Score: 1
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2010
  • Score: 1
No worries - I should follow that same advice myself. Hope you are still enjoying Toodledo - I"ve been a user for a long while now and while I've fallen off the task wagon a few times I always end up back here.

Cheers,
sb
Scott

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Hide personal tasks when at work
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2010
Hide = no
Collapse = yes

Tags are not contexts (and contexts are not tags) - hence my suggestion to use contexts.

Way to make nice with people just trying to help you there skippy.

cheers
sb
Scott

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Hide personal tasks when at work
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2010
Most would do this with a context - an @home or @work context on your tasks keeps things separated nicely.

sb
Scott

• Scott
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2010
Yes - a new interface would make me sad also.

sb
Scott

Posted Apr 06, 2010 in: Assign task to two people at a time?
  • Scott
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2010
Heh - In my experience assigning the same task to two people means neither of them will actually do it. ;-)

sb
Scott

Posted Mar 14, 2010 in: Task Entry Syntax
  • Scott
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2010
Am thinking that it would be great if the same task entry syntax we use in emails and in tools like ToodleAir could be used on the Add Task line rather than needing to tab through all the other fields.

sb
Scott

Posted Jan 19, 2010 in: Good CRM?
  • Scott
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2010
I've been using BatchBook (from batchblue) for a few years now and think it's tremendous. Super customizable and really flexible. For all purpose CRM needs I don't think you can beat it.

sb
Scott

• Scott
oh wait, that wasn't missing. You hit all the major points on my standard "expert" forum post checklist.

Congratulations!
Scott

• Scott
I love posts like this.

All that is missing is the sentence where you tell them that it wouldn't be that hard to fix something so why don't they just do it.
Scott

Posted Dec 03, 2009 in: RSS / Google Reader feed?
  • Scott
  • Posted: Dec 03, 2009
yes - go to the import/export/sync page and your options are there.

SB
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next