ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Steve

Posted Aug 11, 2008 in: Problem with timezone
Score: 0
  • Steve
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2008
  • Score: 0
Correct. Or even "due date is Wednesday" OR "due date is before today", but "today" has the timezone bug.

As a new user, I'm not sure how quickly you address bugs like this. Can you give me an idea of what to expect?

I'm really enjoying using Toodledo. I have always been skeptical of using web-based services, but apart from a couple of times when response has been slow, it's been as good as a local app. Have it synced up with "To Do" on my iPhone, and with the exception of not being able to use contexts because the iPhone app doesn't support them (yet) that's working really well.

Thanks again.
Steve

Posted Aug 11, 2008 in: Problem with timezone
  • Steve
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2008
It can definitely do it. Suppose it's Monday. For the Wednesday view I just want to see tasks due this coming Wednesday. A simple "due date is Wednesday" works just fine. But I'd also like to include anything that is *currently* overdue. That is, "due date is before today". Note this really is before today, not before Wednesday! But this is where I come up against the bug where "today" misses today's events in my timezone, at least for much of the day (I'm GMT +10). Similarly for "tomorrow". If we could get this bug fixed, I'd be very happy!

Thanks for bearing with me...
Steve

Posted Aug 10, 2008 in: Problem with timezone
  • Steve
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2008
Yes, but I'd like to set up views for each day of the week that includes overdues. Say today's Monday, and I go to the Wednesday view. If Wednesday includes a search for "due in the last 100 days", it includes tasks from Monday (as well as overdues from before Monday). What it really needs is "due before today" to include overdues, but "today" has the timezone problem!

Is there any timescale for fixing the "today", "tomorrow" etc.. problem?

Thanks.
Steve

Posted Aug 10, 2008 in: Problem with timezone
  • Steve
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2008
I can test for undated just by "due date is (blank)". But sorry, how do I test for overdue? Presumably I can't say "before today" because of the bug with timezone that I started this thread with. I can say "due date in the last 100 days", but i can only use that in a "today" type saved search. I plan to have a saved search for each day of the week (to make it easier to see what tasks are coming up on each day of the coming week) and I'd like to include tasks that are overdue as of the instant you click on the tab for that day (i.e. tasks with a due date before "today"). Hope I'm making sense!

Thanks.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2008.
Steve

Posted Aug 09, 2008 in: Problem with timezone
  • Steve
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2008
Thanks. Sorry to belabor the point, but what exactly is the "bug" part? The way the page must be refreshed and/or the fact that the message pops up saying my filters are preventing the display of some tasks, even though they're not?

Is there any future in having tasks automatically removed from the list in some way, rather than only when you refresh?

Do you have any idea when the other bug might be addressed, regarding the use of phrases like "today" in searches? I really like my lists to include both overdue and undated tasks, and none of the canned views seem to do this.

Thanks again for the great help.
Steve

Posted Aug 07, 2008 in: Problem with timezone
  • Steve
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2008
Thanks - that worked well. By the way, I think this problem applies to any expression, like today, tomorrow etc. I can't use the "in the next n days" method to get tomorrow's tasks (by specifying 1 day), because it seems to show some from my today and also some from tomorrow (does 1 day mean a 24 hour period from now?).

Really the only reason I want this to work is because I'd like due date-type tabs that also include undated items, so I can catch the tasks that mistakenly weren't given a due date, rather than having to periodically check the no due-date tab.

I do have another couple of queries. Say I'm in the hotlist. If I check something off or change a due date on a task, do I then have to refresh the page to refresh the list (or, for example press the hotlist tab again)?

And on a related thing, if I do check a task off or change a due date on the hotlist, then refresh it, I often see a message at the bottom saying that my filters are preventing the display of some tasks (the number of tasks that I actually changed). Pressing "turn off filters" in the message has no effect. The changes I have made should validly remove the tasks from the hotlist, so the message seems to be false. If I go to another view and then back into hotlist, the message disappears.

Thanks for the quick help!

This message was edited Aug 08, 2008.
Steve

Posted Aug 07, 2008 in: Problem with timezone
  • Steve
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2008
New Toodledo user, fast coming to grips with it (I think)!

I am in Australia. Settings shows the correct time for me - currently 7.40am on August 8. Hotlist shows today's items fine. But if I set up a search with just "due date is today", only stuff from August 7 shows up. Looks like search isn't properly taking notice of the local time.

Any ideas?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3