ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
frossie

Posted Mar 05, 2009 in: Enhancement Request: Tag Management
Score: 0
  • frossie
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2009
  • Score: 0
There are advantages to free-text tag entry too so I think some people might be sad to see them go away.

For what it is worth, a website that deals with tags in a great way is the personal finance site wesabe.com. They have four features in their tag handling that make it very easy to use:

1. Free text entry (you can type "accountant" as a tag for "file taxes")
2. Auto completion (the second time you can type "acc") - that solves the problem with typos, and also minor variation (was my tag for this "kid" or "kids"?)
3. Memory (if you enter "file taxes" another time, it automatically remembers the "accountant" tag
4. Suggestions (this definitely only makes sense in their model - basically if I use the tag "coffee" for my Starbucks credit card entry, it will suggest that tag to you for your Starbucks entry).

Certainly the first two would be applicable to toddledo, though I am sure it is not a minor UI change for the toodledo folks.
frossie

Posted Mar 03, 2009 in: Completed as Status
  • frossie
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2009
When you complete a task, just tick its checkbox off. It's done, after all.
frossie

Posted Mar 03, 2009 in: Sorting on iPhone
  • frossie
  • Posted: Mar 03, 2009
I have used both the slim web version and the native toodledo app on the iPhone. If you do use the iPhone to interact with toodledo on a regular basis it is really worth your while to get the app - the response time is markedly better, especially when you are not on a wireless network.

Not to mention it is very reasonably priced and the toodledo folks do more than enough to earn it.
frossie

Posted Mar 02, 2009 in: First day of the week
  • frossie
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2009
I second that - it's not just France, almost all European countries as well as India use Monday as the first day of the week.

If one wishes to be super pedantic and cater to everybody, there are countries who consider Saturday and even Wednesday the first day of the week - eg.

http://www.pjh2.de/datetime/weeknumber/wnd.php?l=en#Legend

But at least catering for Monday would be good, as it is also the first day of the week defined by the relevant ISO standard (ISO 8601)
frossie

Posted Feb 18, 2009 in: Feature Request: Wishlist
  • frossie
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2009
I manage my big-item lists through toodledo as well.

This is the way I do it:

I have a to-buy folder. In it I have tasks as categories (eg. Home, kids, whatever). Under the home project I have sub-tasks for each item (eg. washing machine). For the washing machine sub-task, I put in one or several URLs (web address) with products I am considering. When I save the note, and provided I have task notes toggled on, toodledo turns the URLs into clickable links.

That is quite sufficient for me.
frossie

Posted Feb 09, 2009 in: Suggested layout mockup
  • frossie
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2009
seishino - I agree that the Add A Task button isn't in the most obvious place, and your layout is better in that respect. But I have to say that if you spend any time with toodledo it is definitely worth to learn the keyboard shortcuts, after which you won't really care.
frossie

Posted Feb 05, 2009 in: Grocery Shopping
  • frossie
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2009
I've tried a few times to set up shopping lists in ToodleDo and never really hit on a scheme that worked, so I just use the Notebook instead to keep a free-format list. This works better for me as my shopping lists are not really linear. For example, I may go to the store with a shopping list that has the ingredients for a bunch of recipes, but if there is no lamb there is no point buying the other six ingredients for the lamb recipe. So my shopping lists are broken down by groups, and not all groups get "serviced" if you like. Yes this does occasionally mean I have to revisit some aisles as I shop, but whatever, it's exercise, right? :-) I also quite often change my mind on what to get depending on what local produce is available, etc.

From the technical point of view, I found that groceries are unlike other lists in that when I make "project" type lists I really like having my completed items hang about so I can see my progress, whereas the last thing I want to see is a list of every grocery item I have every purchased. So the issue of what to do with completed items (show or hide) in a world where it is not a setting configurable by folder is a bit of a puzzler.

I guess in my mind, buying milk isn't a to-do - going to the grocery store is a to-do, and I can stick a note with what to do when I get there on that item.

But I can see why Alisa's scheme would work, especially for people who have regular buying patterns.

This message was edited Feb 05, 2009.
frossie

Posted Jan 19, 2009 in: Google calendar
  • frossie
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2009
I am sorry if this has been asked before. I use the toodledo Google calendar gadget. This adds a checkmark icon on each day. It would be great if the icon could be different (say a different color or even not present) on days when there are no tasks due.
frossie

Posted Jan 19, 2009 in: Which iPhone app?
  • frossie
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2009
I use the toodledo app because

1. It is cheaper

2. I'd rather give my money to the toodledo folks, since they work so hard on improving their service

3. I am a huge user of sub-tasks

If you use Notes, Appigo notebook works well, it is cheaper than their todo app, and there is no alternative, AFAIK.
frossie

Posted Jan 15, 2009 in: Delete one item
  • frossie
  • Posted: Jan 15, 2009
And if you are using the iPhone app, you can rub your finger along an item to cause a "Delete" button to appear".
frossie

• frossie
I am a bit confused. Are you saying you work outside with an iPhone and a non-networked laptop, and you wish to sync changes to your non-networked laptop from your iPhone?

If you have the iPhone app, you can already work offline without an internet connection.
frossie

Posted Jan 15, 2009 in: Context on iPhone
  • frossie
Do you see a label at the bottom of your task list that says "Sorted by Folders"? That is a menu button and if you click on it you can select "Contexts".

I am running the latest version.
frossie

Posted Jan 08, 2009 in: People as Contexts
  • frossie
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2009
That's interesting. Because I use toodledo for a mixture of work and non-work stuff, I use contexts to indicate a state that is somewhat location-related (work, home, in town, leaving home in the morning, online, etc). That way, if I am in town and I have time before an appointment, I look up the "in town" context and see if I can run a small errand.

That works quite well for me, i have much more trouble getting my Folders right.
frossie

Posted Jan 06, 2009 in: iphone toodledo to desktop toodledo
  • frossie
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2009
Have you installed the Toodledo app from the App Store?
frossie

Score: -1
  • frossie
  • Score: -1
Posted by BoyOhBoy:
Frossie
I've just signed up for Evernote and did read their privacy policy; but think I'm missing something - what bit are you referring to?
Thanks,

Hi, I was really worried about the third party disclosure policy, which said they would disclose my information if:

"We have a relationship with an affiliate or partner that you have an online or off-line (non-Internet) relationship with, or have visited the affiliate or partner's web site that links to or mentions Evernote's web site, and have registered for Evernote's online services through the partner or affiliate's program or web site."

I find that overly broad - I really think 3rd party disclosures should boil down to "never unless legally required to or with your explicit consent". Evernote looks useful to me, so I would be happy to be told this isn't as bad as it sounds. But this is off-topic to this forum, so if you want to talk about this further please start a topic in Toodledo's off-topic forum, http://www.toodledo.com/forums/6/0/general-off-topic-chit-chat.html
frossie

Posted Jan 06, 2009 in: Flatten Subtasks in Context View
  • frossie
Aaaaah so it does! Thank you!
frossie

Posted Jan 06, 2009 in: Reorder Columns
Score: 1
  • frossie
  • Score: 1
Just as a workaround in the meanwhile, using the Edit Columns functionality to shrink the size of some columns would help you some (if you have not done this already).
frossie

Score: 1
  • frossie
  • Score: 1
Another vote for Thunderbird/Lightning.

To go off on a tangent, I went to try Evernote a while back and for the first time, backed away after reading a privacy policy. Yikes.
frossie

Posted Jan 05, 2009 in: Flatten Subtasks in Context View
  • frossie
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2009
I have a different problem - my "subtask flatness" state is never remembered (I always like to see the hierarchy, but every time I enter a folder it defaults to flat). Is there a setting I should be using?

(Data dump: Linux, Firefox, Pro subscriber, and I do use the Toodledo app and Appigo notebook to sync from an iPhone occasionally)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4