Andrew A

Posted Oct 23, 2010 in: Repeat an event every 1st sunday in may
Score: 0
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2010
  • Score: 0
You actually have it:

The 1st Sun of each month

In the repeat field. (click the wand or advanced optionto type free text). It really does a great job of converting what you need into a cycle.

To get that I typed:

first sunday month

and it converted to the above string

Here are the acceptable formats from the docs:
https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=repeat

This message was edited Oct 23, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted Oct 23, 2010 in: Multiple todo's via email
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2010
I don't see one, but it doesn't mean they haven't got a syntax somewhere they are hiding! LOL!

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help_email.php
Andrew A

Posted Oct 22, 2010 in: Import Task Link via VBA Code
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2010
Actually, sounds like you want to look at the API, and look at how you can you can interact and update your account. Not sure how to POST or GET from VBA, but if you look in the developer's forum there is a link to the API documentation and information about adding/deleting tasks, etc.
Andrew A

Posted Oct 19, 2010 in: Political outlook of Toodledo users
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2010
General Off Topic Chit-Chat? Would seem on topic.

Left of center here (not way left, if you think I am way left it's because you are so dang far to the right that I look further away than I am! LOL).

No president has ever done what I want him to do, but I like him better that the prior one who I felt was really not doing anything at all or was even close to what I thought could and should be done.

(and I agree, no need to go all flaming here, let's see who can and can't control themselves).
Andrew A

Posted Oct 18, 2010 in: Full scree mode?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2010
You know, there is something that gets you part of the way there already. If you look at that little circle next to the welcome "your name" bit underneath the toodledo logo it will collapse that panel and give you some more real estate to work with..
Andrew A

Posted Oct 12, 2010 in: Problem with completed tasks
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2010
Are you using Chromatic Dragon for synch? Toodledo doesn't provide an outlook synch tool, it is a third-party software.

https://www.toodledo.com/connect_outlook.php
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 11, 2010
Posted by Technocrap:
It is Eternal September full swing in the forum.
Are there any Moderator or technical support yet ? other than old customers checking in to see if their feature will ever come to light ?

Ps: Will provide support for food.

Not sure how accurate that is, considering the tone, it seems September may be your month! LOL!.

The toodledo admin does in fact frequent the forum, answer questions, request more detailed support tickets for new requests, resolve issues as they arrive, and roll out new functionality regularly. If you had searched some before posting, you might have seen that.
Andrew A

Posted Oct 06, 2010 in: Locations: How do You use Them?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2010
@PeterW Not just .02, I'm with you on that Peter.

I still dig the idea, but I am searching for a way not to confuse them with contexts or at least see if anyone else has leveraged them in an effective way. New users like sweetbrianpatch use them literally (and I bet effectively since Toodledo is flexible like that), but looking at it from a GTD sort of flat list view, well....
Andrew A

Posted Oct 05, 2010 in: Locations: How do You use Them?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2010
Yeah, I saw that that was coming after an Apple upgrade, but I also mean how people just actually use the locations with their tasks, how they have implemented the feature as part of their work flow.
Andrew A

Posted Oct 05, 2010 in: Locations: How do You use Them?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2010
I'm going to bump this just this once...

With the release of the new updated iPhone app I really still wonder how to apply locations and am looking for how some of my fellow TDers use them.
Andrew A

Posted Oct 04, 2010 in: WIndows Phone 7
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2010
No idea what IE will be like on that, or what the size of your screen is, but I know that with Safari I can use both the standard web site (a little slower since you have to zoom pinch in and out) and the mobile site with little trouble (or most sites for that matter).

To be honest, I generally use the iPhone app, but I have used the browser just to see...
Andrew A

Posted Oct 04, 2010 in: colorization
  • Andrew A
I think this sounds like a carry over from color categories in outlook... Is that what you are referring to?
Andrew A

• Andrew A
Have you checked the Getting Things Done forum?
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/0/getting-things-donereg.html

Lots of different approached to applying GTD so that it fits your particular work flow.

(the Post New Topic link sometimes does hide in plain site, check the lower right hand side of your screen when in a forum)
Andrew A

Posted Sep 24, 2010 in: No Checkbox?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2010
I see them... is it possible that the recent changes conflicted with a custom skin/CSS you are using??
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2010
Interesting, works with sending tasks in via email and the syntax required. That is one workaround

Test Task #45 days
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2010
Nice... on all counts, though I particular like not having to leave for multi add and the fixed header, scrolling tasks is oh so nice....
Andrew A

Posted Sep 22, 2010 in: Locations: How do You use Them?
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2010
I'm still stuck on how to use these conveniently and easily (I just can't separate them in my mind as contexts with locations, so I see duplication of effort or managing two similar attributes without the ease of use).

Sooo... looking to my fellow users for new a mindset or work flow and see if I can leverage this nifty new feature.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2010
I prefer a GTD approach to this and the long term or far out tasks are always in my mind, but without me having to think about it.

When you do you weekly review, it "reloads" all your to dos and brings them back up to the surface. Adjust what needs adjusting and then the whole kit and caboodle drops back into your trusted system. I review my tasks constantly, but I try, very much try to do a thorough review of them all once a week and see what giggling needs to be done to focus on some and drop others that don't need my attention from focus.

Not to mention, that often (if not always) long term tasks are really long term projects and there are a series of tasks that need to be done. Some now, and others really don't need to occupy your thinking until needed. That's partially what the review is for.
Andrew A

Posted Sep 18, 2010 in: Newbie questions
  • Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2010
Cant comment on 2do,

but folders are what you make of them, not to be all obtuse, but Toodle do is broader than GTD so lots of different approaches work.

For me, yes, I use folders as projects. For others, it is a parent task with multiple subtasks. It is a bit of hunt and peck until you find an approach that works with the way you perceive your work flow.
Andrew A

• Andrew A
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2010
No problem at all, I don't care what gets implemented, just something better implemented (though skydrive is a tad too MS for me). Right now we pay for XGBs of space for files, at it is just useless enough not to be useful.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next