ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by piyush_soni"
piyush_soni

Score: 0
This is the nice thing about ToodleDo Search actually. When the due date pop-up opens up, instead of selecting a date from anywhere, just write 'today' there and press enter. It will always remain 'today' so your 'Due today' search will work.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 06, 2011 in: The Peter Question: Folders vs Status
Score: 1
Humm ... Thanks.
So it seems your someday list is much more dynamic than mine. My someday tasks are the ones which will probably never become important enough to be moved to any other list, and vice versa :)

I have folders like "Grocery", "Call", "Dev"(most important) etc., and each of them could theoretically have 'someday' tasks - like if I have time/money or resources someday, I'll develop this particular software, or Call that person once in life, buy that thing etc. I therefore created a Context called 'Someday' instead of a Folder, so that I can add these tasks to their respective folders, and keep them normally hidden. I have never read GTD actually so it's just what came to my mind at that time.
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 05, 2011 in: The Peter Question: Folders vs Status
I had this question occur in my mind before as well, but forgot. Your Someday list also must be fairly big. Is a single folder enough to manage them all? For example, you might have someday tasks in Office, Home, Shopping, 'Development/Study/Tour' etc.? How do you categorize them? Don't you use Contexts at all?
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 05, 2011 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Don't know if it's just me, but when a page has too many tasks that you see a scroll bar, scrolling the bar also moves and hides the Top Menu icon button(ToodledoMenuIcon.png) along with it. This is the case when the "Menu" is closed by clicking the icon once. Interestingly, happens only in FF and not in Chrome for me. Do others see it?
piyush_soni

Score: -1
Clicking 'Folders' in the left Pane doesn't help?
piyush_soni

Posted Jan 03, 2011 in: Firefox 3.6.13
I don't see any problems in editing anything in Firefox 3.6.13, or FF 4.0 betas either. What cannot you edit specifically? You might try these steps in this order:

1). clear cache/cookies and other data and try again.
2). Start Firefox in safe mode (or try disabling all the add ons) and enable them one by one to find the conflicting add-on
3). Try creating a new FF Profile.
piyush_soni

Strange, this problem looks so much 'browser/cache/add-ons' specific but according to Angie it's not. Wild guess : try disabling your anti-virus, just in case. I'm not very hopeful it'll work though.
piyush_soni

For #1 : If you use Firefox, you can install this userscript written by papagayo called ToodleDo Multi-Edit Tasks which allows you to postpone multiple tasks or a single one or more day(s). So it has exactly what you need, but in the form of a link called 'Postpone' and not a Lego pop-up action.

This message was edited Dec 31, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 30, 2010 in: Turning fields on/off
No, it won't delete your data by turning off those fields. When you turn them back on, it should be there.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 30, 2010 in: Don't grab my F5 Key please !
Thanks.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 29, 2010 in: How to customize multi-line view (bug?)
I cannot read your(or anyone else's other than me) tickets. Anyway, it seems the support hasn't read your ticket properly, as there is no Fields & Defaults on the web client anyway(at least I could not find it)

One thing I'd like to point in the rare case you didn't know(forgive me if you did) is that you can click the 'Show Details' on top of the page, and it will show the 'hidden' details of all tasks (so you will not have to click the triangle for each of them) - that will be one way to quickly see their due dates.

That seems great to me!! Do you mean it is a suggestion, or has it been already implemented (by you or by Toodledo)?

No, I just hacked the webpage HTML as a suggestion for ToodleDo. I cannot implement it from their side.

For example, if you change the sorting criteria for one given view or search, other searches or related views (tabs) get also changed.

You are right, it's annoying. Lets hope they implement Sort/Filters etc. on per tab basis.

This message was edited Dec 29, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 28, 2010 in: How to customize multi-line view (bug?)
Posted by vginer:
In fact, if I select ordering tasks by importance and then by due date, I DO get what I expect in my multi-line view

No, you don't.

divisions by importance levels, and each task is showing due date information at the right side

If you see carefully, it's not showing the due date for all of them. It's just showing why ToodleDo thinks it's 'important'. So for some tasks you'd see "OverDue"/"Due Today" etc., while for some you'd see "3 Top Priority"/"2 High Priority". For each type of sort, it's just showing something related to the first sort method(except alphabetical etc.) and doesn't consider the second sort method at all in that.

When first sort is Importance, it shows the 'classification' of Importance for its every group. Does the same with Due dates as first sort(shows the actual dates itself. e.g. Tasks 'OverDue' with multiple dates). There's no further classification of Contexts/Folders/Goals/Tags/Priority than the group itself, so you just see those repeated.

One of the reasons ToodleDo gives for still showing that redundant information is that you cannot change the Context by clicking if it's not shown. Though I agree that showing the 2nd sort order would be a better way to go in this particular case, but I understand it's complicated to implement because it's not always the most desired value to show for all type of sorts. If they always show Due date regardless of it being the first or second field, some people might want Priority to show up there.

An easy work around could be to let user select what to show up in the right column as well.

A quick & dirty mock up I came up with :

This message was edited Dec 28, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 28, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Glad that solved, and thanks for the quick update.

btw, @both above,
It's piyush_soni. (No problem, many people read that pyushi or other variation somehow) :) You can use just the first name, Piyush.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 28, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Ok. I think I might have found something here, but can't guarantee. Is your monitor resolution larger than usual (or lower than usual?)
Next time when you click those Context or Tags filters links, scroll the webpage's scrollbar (from bottom to top or vice versa) after clicking it once, and you might see the pop up at some level. :)

You would see that though the main 'Filters ON' pop up is fixed to bottom and doesn't move with the scroll, the 'Contexts' or 'Tags' Filters' pop up does.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 27, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
@PeterW,
In Firefox, when you open the Error Console (Ctrl + Shift + J) and see the Errors section, does it say anything especially when you click those unresponsive links?
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 26, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Thanks earnjam! It looks very good now. And thanks for supporting Multi-Edit tasks, and the slight tint for notes too!

Also, the Contexts and Folders work for me too from the Pop up menu.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 26, 2010 in: Existing filters in Search
Yes, that's what. It's just more work to do for each search individually( and each time I create a new Context probably) if the existing ones don't work by default.

Thanks.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 24, 2010 in: Popup calendar (again)
It doesn't overlap for me in Chrome, latest version (and I don't remember it overlapping in a few previous versions as well)
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 23, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Thanks a lot!

Another request: Could you please exclude all URLs containing toodledo.com/slim. It completely messes the slim version in gmail/google calendar etc.

This message was edited Dec 24, 2010.
piyush_soni

Posted Dec 23, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo - MacOSX v1.0
Bug :)

Same exists for Folders and Goals as well.

This message was edited Dec 23, 2010.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13      Next