ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by coolexplorer"
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 18, 2015 in: Brief feedback on new design
Score: 1
+1 The previous task note icon showing a blank note vs filled note (with lines) was clearer and more intuitive than the current grey vs dark icon.
The problem is further accentuated in outdoor bright light conditions on a laptop or tablet.
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 15, 2015 in: Introducing the Breadcrumb Bar (part 1)
Score: 0
The interactive ''breadcrumb bar'' with the drop-down menus is the single most productive element you have added to TD recently. It not only clearly tells me which view I am in, but also allows me to quickly change views to look at my tasks from various angles (without opening the side menu and shifting all my tasks to the right of the screen). Because of the drop-down menus convenience, I find I am doing much more analysis of my tasks, looking at them from various parameters, to make sure I am on track with my goals and priorities. In sum I am now more enthusiastic and productive in using Toodledo. Thanks Jake & Bridget!

I humbly disagree with the extreme view of some that "every pixel matters". If so, no change would ever be possible. IMO Jake & Bridget are making very judicious changes to TD after giving it a lot of thought and after putting it through the fire of user comments on the beta channel. If it all they are erring on the side of caution and conservatism. Thanks again. :)
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 15, 2015 in: Calendar Schedule View
Score: 2
Posted by amygrennan87:
I've been looking for a way to have my task list viewed as a calendar schedule much like you would have your appointment list in outlook or the like.
I've tried merging them into my outlook calendar, but keep coming across some fairly major sync issues.....
If I had the ability to view my tasks in this format on the Toodledo website then I wouldn't need any external calendars.
Any ideas?

I second the suggestion to either provide efficient 2-way sync to users main calendar (I use Google calendar) or a diary like calendar view with my tasks populated in the day slots -- showing day view, week view and month view.
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 14, 2015 in: Bump task to next deadline
Maybe better to use the Habit section for a repetitive task that you want to mark as done on not done. I assume that the Habit section records and analysis would capture this. Hope I am not wrong since I have not started using the Habits section yet.
Check it out.
coolexplorer

Most modern OS's and Apps are beginning to understand the importance of "natural language quick entry" which avoids clicking and typing into a number of fields, or even using the keyboard itself for quick entry on-the-go. Siri, Google Now, and top To-do Apps are attempting this facility.

It would be great if users of TD can type in and speak a single sentence and it is intelligently transcribed into the various TD fields. Would save a lot of time quickly entering tasks on the fly. 'Ultimate To-Do' Android App for TD has this facility, but still needs to be perfected.

This message was edited Sep 14, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 07, 2015 in: Add a Title to the list in focus
Jake has already done a wonderful implementation of both of the top requests (post the UX changes in the Task pane).
1. Ribbon menu automatic expansion and closure.
2. Current view Title (and gone beyond by making it a drop-down switchable menu)
Both are being tested in TD Beta and will be out soon, I assume.
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 06, 2015 in: How to Track Larger Tasks
There are several approaches one could take. Just some ideas which may trigger others.

1. Put really major projects as a Goal, then add tasks under the Goal view for that project.
2. Separate Folder for each major project or projects and tasks and sub-tasks under that.
3. Prepare a Custom search view using Context and Tags for a project and Sort by Parent/sub-task, then Importance.
4. Use Start dates as well as Due dates to give enough time for completing tasks (or the task length field in hours).
5. I Star the Parent title of Projects that I always want in my Today's To-do list, so that I always have it on my radar and I can do something everyday on them.
6. I have a Daily Custom search view list for repetitive tasks which are scheduled during the day using number tags from 1 to a20. Some Projects or Daily Habits feature there.

I am sure experienced TD users will have other better approaches.
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 03, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
You are right the bookmarklet is great, however you cant highlight some text on a website and have it auto-populate into the task field. One has to copy-paste it. Unless I am wrong. Maybe you can tweak the bookmarklet to do this automatically. It does that with the web page link automatically.
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 02, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Below is an email I got from Todoist. It is self-explanatory. A similar tool would be useful for TD.

Todoist : "Your to-do list should never slow you down. That’s why we created an even faster way to capture tasks from anywhere on the Web. Now you can turn selected text from any Chrome webpage into a task without ever entering the Todoist app!
* Add Facebook events to your to-do list.
* Turn specific text from emails into tasks.
* Add an IMDB movie as a task to watch later.
The possibilities are endless.

Ready to supercharge your Chrome productivity? Here’s how to get started:
[New Feature] Capture tasks anywhere on the Web with Todoist for Chrome
1. Highlight the text you want to add as a task.
2. Right click to open the Chrome menu.
3. Choose “Add to Todoist” from the list.
The new task will appear in your Todoist inbox with a link back to the original web page for easy reference later."

A little competitor / market intelligence wont harm! A little paranoia helps to keep one step ahead.
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 02, 2015 in: Progress Report - August 2015
You are on a roll. Keep up the good work!
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 02, 2015 in: Google calendar INTO toodledo
You can do so with IFTTT and Zapier recipes.
Every time you schedule a new event in a specific Google Calendar it can make a Task in TD.
Selected Gmails can be converted into TD Tasks via the TD bookmarklet or emailed in via the custom TD email address.
Unless you want a plugin of the Calendar and Gmail in TD which is currently not possible.
coolexplorer

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: A Tip for Improving the Alarm
Good effort! Sound Alarm and Persistent Notification built into TD would be useful.
coolexplorer

Posted Aug 31, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Posted by Jake:
We did change the width of the notes attached to a task. Before, notes were the full width of the task list, which could extend past the right side of the screen, making it really hard to read the note because you would have to scroll horizontally back and forth to see each line. Also, narrower blocks of text are easier to read. This is why newspapers use narrow columns. So, we shrunk the maximum width of the note a little bit to make it easier to read.

Makes perfect sense now that you have explained it. Jake, if the rationale of all changes made, are explained in advance it would prevent confusion, heartburn and needless querying.
coolexplorer

Posted Aug 27, 2015 in: Introducing the Ribbon
Posted by Bridget:
Posted by User1293033808:

Unfortunately, I have a minor vision problem and a friend has a major vision problem. The efforts we spent getting Toodledo so we could read it easily seem to be lost.

At Toodledo accessibility is important to us. If you are open to disclosing I would like to get some more information about your vision impairment and how to make our productivity system accessible regardless of disability. If you are not comfortable discussing this in the forums please feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] or make a support ticket.

Thanks,
:) Bridget

Bridget, I just love your response. Thanks!
coolexplorer

Posted by c5000nc:
And yes, I could make the Task column wider if I close the left sidebar, but I use that sidebar frequently. A wider Task column would force me to use the bottom scroll bar to get to the right scroll bar.
Thanks.

Views differ, but I am overall happy with the direction of the UI changes, including use of icons and ease of scrolling.
The genuine irritation of loss of space and extra click involved can be resolved if the secondary text menu expands and collapses with scroll over. Jake is quite responsive, and I am sure he must already be working on it.
coolexplorer

Jake / Bridget, Great changes made towards the modernization of TD. Congrats!

2. Menu collapsing and expanding to allowing for maximum space for task info.
3. Pencil icon link that takes you to the relevant Organize list for editing.
3. Scrolling with heading fixed.

Would Like :
1. Auto collapsing of secondary (text) menu after selection of a task list.
2. The Title of the selected task list should be visible somewhere on the top left. Currently I have to repeatedly open the menu to check the list name, and often scroll down the list to see the title marked Bold. The title of the selected task list could perhaps be shown near the pencil icon for editing or as a small persistent pop-up. I realize it is difficult to do so in the frugal UI space, but it will really reduce time wastage and increase productivity.
3. Someway to easily differentiate sub-tasks at a glance (different font, color, check-box shape).

Best wishes
coolexplorer

Posted Aug 27, 2015 in: Tasks in Bold
Posted by Jake:
The due-date will be colored according to how soon the task is due. This is a nice visual reminder that helps you quickly know when it's due without having to read all the dates. It gets redder and bolder the closer the date is from today. A week out and it is just it's natural color.

That's pretty cool...and useful!

This message was edited Aug 27, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted Aug 24, 2015 in: Progress Report - July 2015
Posted by Jake:
It sounds like your firewall or ISP is blocking content from Toodledo. That would explain why our images don't appear while the rest of the page does.

My TD icons refused to show because I was using Ghostery in Chrome which blocked the beacons, widgets, etc. They reappeared when I whitelisted the TD webpage. Maybe this info may help lead you to the cause of the icons disappearing.

This message was edited Aug 24, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted by digital_carver:
I'm looking for a way to specify due dates, contexts, etc. in the 'Task' field of the 'Add Task' pane - for eg., "Do XYZ due by tomorrow 5 PM @errands".

This would be a great productivity enhancer. Currently this is the most talked about feature and a big pull for user of other Task managers.

This message was edited Aug 19, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted Aug 19, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
Score: 2
Thanks BobOkie & acc.mcpherson,

Very timely reviews/comments on Todoist vs Toodledo. I too was seduced into installing and having a one week affair with Todoist, mainly because of the colors and smooth integration with other programs.

I found the desktop/web layout wasted a lot of screen space (unlike the rich detail of TD). The Todoist Android mobile app is however well designed.

The inability to Export ones tasks out of Todoist in a useful manner was the real bummer. TD's and Jake's approach of transparency and full anytime export (coming from an abundance mentality) shows a certain largeness of heart that I have grown to trust. I guess if you make it easy to leave, people loiter around.

I find that my approach to handling tasks, the details I require, and my workflow keeps changing over time, and TD has the most variables and is the most flexible if you are willing to learn how to use it and bend it to your needs. I keep tinkering specially with the Custom Searches/Views. Most other programs I grew out of or hit a wall and had to abandon.

More power to TD!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15      Next