ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by CSusi"
CSusi

Posted Sep 11, 2015 in: Security / Encryption of Data
Score: 0
  • CSusi
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2015
  • Score: 0
In light of the recent Ashley Madison breach, I am making a feature request if it doesn't already exist.

Please provide the option for users to encrypt data such as task names, notes, and possibly attachments.

I understand that something like dates and priorities may need to be stored un-encrypted on the database side in order to perform sorting and filtering in the SQL queries. But I would be really happy if they were to provide functionality that the task titles and notes were encrypted so that some random DBA, SysAdmin, developer, or so-forth wasn't able to see the details of my private life. Or worse, if there was a data breach like Ashley Madison, that all of my private life isn't exposed for the entire world to see.

I am even willing to accept that some functionality may not be available (e.g. searching ToDo list notes for words) because of this. But I could sleep a little easier at night knowing that I don't have to worry about the world someday discovering when and what doctors I had appointments with, if I am currently searching out a new job, or projects I have on the back-burner, etc. etc. Even if you may practice the tightest security at your firm, one disgruntled employee can expose the rest of us to a lot of embarrassment or worse.

Thank you!