ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Martins Tasks"
Martins Tasks

Score: 1
Hi Jake, I respect your decision and priorities, But please put DEVONthink on your list – it's a popular and powerful organizational tool. http://www.devontechnologies.com/products/devonthink/devonthink-pro.html

This message was edited Feb 24, 2018.
Martins Tasks

Score: 0
When I want to click on a pasted Devonthink link (in a note on Toodledo.com), then the link does not work. Example: x-devonthink-item://8BE6C8C1-6749-4D43-BD86-94D7064F6EE3 -- only the characters after and including the 2 slashes show as a link. I tried this in various other (and older Chrome-based browsers and there too, it did not work). I also checked Safari and there it did also not work. Heck, even in the new Firefox this does not work. When I put the Devon link into the address field of Vivaldi, then it WORKS!

Is this an issue with Toodledo? When I paste a Devon link in the app Things (macOS) then it beautifully resolves and opens the folder in DEVONthink.
Martins Tasks

Hello, I am using tags a lot. I have also switched to the new layout as of April 2017.

It would be great if the tags could be sorted alphabetically when I view them in the left vertical pane in the browser. When I go to organize the tabs at https://www.toodledo.com/organize/tags.php they all appear nicely organized alphabetically. I wished this would also display like that in the regular view https://tasks.toodledo.com/tags/. Am I missing something?

–martin
Martins Tasks

Martins Tasks

Strange, it looks "thicker" again. Here are screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhvmrffo6yc66de/Screenshot%202017-03-17%2010.06.47.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrib27sa21kzp2x/Screenshot%202017-03-17%2010.11.23.png?dl=0

I tried on a Mac (El Capitan) with Vivaldi and Chrom browsers.

–martin
Martins Tasks

I shortly looked thicker. Now it looks again like before. Sorry that I did not update my post. Perhaps it was a glitch in my browser.
Martins Tasks

I noticed that you updated the logo. Frankly, I'd get rid of the circle altogether. If you look at the bigger picture – the various interface elements of the lists and the basic approach in making things easier on the eye and easier to navigate, then, the new "thicker fuzzy" circle is a step in the opposite direction.

I know that taste is a difficult area for discussion and may be somewhat personal to you. But in general, a simplified logo is always a sign for strength. Please reflect a bit on this and compare with other icons around us. It may be a cultural thing too, but the Internet is now somewhat "westernized" in a rational sense ("time is money").

Just look how buttons have evolved: from 3 dimensional "glossy" pieces of art, to a utilitarian "zone." I think that your brand icon is already very unique in its use of (1) a special font and (2) the name itself and (3) the use of 2 different colors. Those 3 elements would come more to the forefront if the circle is gone.
Martins Tasks

The new colored triangles look like arrows pointing north-east. They hover visually in between 2 tasks. Yellow indicators are difficult to recognize on a white background, especially if the screen temperature is set to tungsten.

I suggest to colorize the terms themselves or marking the terms not with a triangle but with a colored dot (like we see sometimes in other apps to indicate a "not read" status). Another solution to achieve more simplicity would be to mark the status indicators in the same way as the task itself (that's how it was in the previous design): bold orange for top priority 3, bold dark brown for high priority 2, and none for all other priorities. That way the focus is automatically on the more important tasks (3, 2).

Thank you for the otherwise incredible work.

–martin

This message was edited Mar 10, 2017.
Martins Tasks

Posted Jun 02, 2016 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
Posted by Salgud:
the cockroaches are kinda creepy!

Totally agree. I did not think about cockroaches when I first saw it, but honestly, it took me a while to realize that it's supposed to be a BELL. It's a minor thing, but it could be designed more smart. Currently it seems very "blotchy" to me.

–martin
Martins Tasks

Posted Jun 02, 2016 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
Posted by c5000nc:
ELIMINATING ONE ROW AT THE TOP:
It's important to remember it isn't just ToodleDo headers and (thankfully small) footer taking away our real estate. It is also browser tabs, search bars, etc., on top, and download footers and all the Windows stuff at the bottom (for Windows, anyway).

While I don't agree putting the "new task" field right next to the breadcrumb, I do think that the very top horizontal bar, where the Toodledo logo and my avatar reside, are too thick. It would be justified it there's a search field already open, but currently it's a waste of space. That very top bar could easily be half as thick, be more slim.

–martin
Martins Tasks

Score: 3
Currently all new tasks are by default in a folder called "No Folder". Additionally, any task which is imported from Apple's Reminders app will end up in "No Folder". In terms of GTD it would be more intuitive to rename "No Folder" to "Inbox."

Additionally I suggest to sort that "Inbox" at the top of the folder list by default.

We are all used to such naming convention and behavior from email.

I believe it's silly to manually need to create an "Inbox" and configure it in Settings all the while imported tasks still end up in "No Folder" which currently cannot be changed.

What do you think?

–martin
Martins Tasks

Posted Dec 20, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
Far left vertical menu bar > Sharing: That panel should display also all publicly available tasks because they are *shared* with everybody.
Martins Tasks

Posted Nov 25, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
Posted by Projects with Martin:
I don't like the orange + for the "Quick add task"

Idea: Eliminate the orange round plus icon and write the "Add Quick Task" text in italic. That would be simple and clean - and enough.
Martins Tasks

A comment regarding the Search field: I view Toodledo on a large wide screen monitor with 1920 pixels width. The search loupe icon is far right, but when I activate it, the Search box appears at left. I suggest that the search field appear also top right - that's also where the X cross icon is (used to delete a search). Such positioning would be more ergonomic IMO.

Despite my critique: all is going in the right direction! I follow Toodledo since over 5 years. I'm a veteran graphic designer and can completely understand the process. Ideally, Toodledo would use modern popup-style windows (like Google Docs does) but I guess it's not easy to implement.

–martin
Martins Tasks

Score: 1
I don't like the orange + for the "Quick add task" because it's at such a delicate position (top left) where I'm always looking at and it distracts me. My lists are extremely important and that chewing gum there should be cleaned up. Or call it a Florida Orange which is squished in there.

The overall danger is that while cleaning up the design it may get cluttered again elsewhere. On iOS (for example) they just put a simple + at a pronounced spot and people know that hitting it will create a new document, new entry or so.

I suggest to simply have there just a simple + sign.

–martin

This message was edited Nov 25, 2015.