ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
stephen.ferro

Posted Jul 01, 2010 in: A little fire underneath your seat
Score: 2
I agree with Ken and TheGriff completely. The Lifehacker poll to me shows that roughly half of people participating in a poll want a simple to do application. Paper offers as many lists as you want but no searching, tags, etc. Google tasks is pretty minimal too (nothing as complex as RTM or TD).

I came from RTM after a long time of frustration with the lack of development (and frankly the attitude of the development team towards RTM users) Toodledo isn't perfect by any means, but the development team is responsive, they openly discuss issues and take input, and they are actively (VERY actively IMHO) improving their product.

Transisto, please take TheGriff's advice and either tone down the negativity and repetitive comments or move to another tool. Maybe consider paper since then you can control the UI and functionality 100%.
stephen.ferro

Score: 0
QP, you could make the groceries list a context, give them a deferred status like reference, or set them as priority -1 and then filter out those items. You could also create a search similar to yours in RTM that would not look at your grocery list items.

But for what you want to do, I would recommend a grocery app. There are many out there now that are excellent and relatively cheap. We use Grocery Gadget and have been very happy with it.
stephen.ferro

Posted May 07, 2010 in: Underwhelmed by iPad App
Kennethed, I can vouch for the iPad app. Very solid productivity application that was released day 1 of the iPad App store. Toodledo has already updated the app twice. Look through the settings and you will find Tags and many other features.
stephen.ferro

Thank you for the great update! It is much more productive than the original.

I agree that the Sort and Filter is a little non-intuitive. Changing their look sounds like it might do the trick.

I personally like the search bar hidden like Apple recommends. Creative way of avoiding adding another button. Just takes some time to burn it into memory.
stephen.ferro

Posted Apr 23, 2010 in: Importance levels and Hotlist
Good points marphod.

I think you are onto something great with the simple interface to rate the importance of the different elements. You can get to the flexibility without the risk of creating calculation issues on TD's servers.
stephen.ferro

Posted Apr 21, 2010 in: Why Toodledo IS the Best for GTD
There is a little button on each header that takes you to that context or folder. Doesn't do everything you ask, but can help some.
stephen.ferro

Posted Apr 21, 2010 in: Importance levels and Hotlist
I agree that importance overweights due dates. Given the flexibility of TD I would think that everyone's preference would be a little different. Personally, If I star something it should have a higher priority than the highest priority task due (or overdue) so something like:

2 + (S*12) + (P*2) + D

Would be best for me. Maybe let people generate their own equation (within limits of course - don't expect exponentials)?
stephen.ferro

Posted Apr 08, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone
Chris,

Check under settings. Contexts was turned off for me. It appeared once I turned it on under "Fields & Defaults"
stephen.ferro

Posted Apr 07, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone
I appreciate the fact that you had to rush to get the app out. I thank you for having Toodledo ready day 1. I am not sure Apple's guidelines are even good for their apps. It works for Notes, and Settings (although barrettjacobsen is right and Settings stretches that model) The model doesn't work for Mail (at least for me) Since I keep my inbox at zero, much of the time I have no email selected and therefore the majority of the screen is blank. I think another design model (similar to what barrettjacobsen suggested) is called for when you have organized lists.

I look forward to your enhancements. If you need beta testers I am willing and able <smile>.
stephen.ferro

Posted Apr 05, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone
Thanks for the quick support of the iPad. Using Toodledo on the iPad for the past 2 days, my request for a future update would be to have the list of tasks be on the right pane in landscape and be the entire pane in portrait.

Having the task details take up so much room is great for editing a task, but not ideal for reviewing your lists (the left pane/pop up pane is too small to read most tasks.
stephen.ferro

Score: 1
For this purpose I use the "Add multiple tasks..." option under add tasks. I set the fields to go to my inbox for processing later and let the tasks flow.
stephen.ferro

Posted Mar 19, 2010 in: Good Bye from Proximo
Proximo,

Thank you for all your insights into GTD and building a productivity system with TD. I have learned a lot from reading your posts and my system is better thanks to you.
stephen.ferro

Posted Jul 10, 2009 in: Question about Goal Hierarchy
Score: 1
In setting up goals, short-term can be assigned to long- term or lifelong. Likewise long-term can be assigned to a lifelong goal.

Why don't the tasks assigned to goals flow up the hierarchy?

If I have a task that is part of a short-term goal that is in turn part of a lifelong goal should that task also be listed under the lifelong goal?
stephen.ferro

Posted May 01, 2009 in: 2 things RTM does I wish Toodledo did
At first I was concerned about losing completed tasks (having come from RTM). But I have incorporated exporting tasks in my weekly review and have found that it makes me more aware of what I am getting done and what is lagging behind.