ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Danielle et al."
Danielle et al.

Posted Apr 21, 2014 in: Where did the OpenID login go?
Score: 0
Posted by kleerkoat:
man, openID was a flop huh?

Hard to say, since Toodledo doesn't support OpenID 2.0 so you have to do some gymnastics to get it to work with your Google login. I'd imagine there are some who might have been interested but didn't bother because it didn't work with the services they usually use.

It'd be nice if in the future Toodledo got the ability to log in via partnership with Google and other services, like where you see on other sites where you can sign in using your Google, Facebook, etc. login.

Thanks for the great service!

This message was edited Apr 21, 2014.
Danielle et al.

Posted Apr 16, 2014 in: Where did the OpenID login go?
I use OpenID with my gmail account to login to Toodledo, but I don't see the link for OpenID on the sign-in box any more. Was that option removed?

This message was edited Apr 16, 2014.
Danielle et al.

Posted Apr 12, 2011 in: OpenID with Google Accounts
Wow, it's working now. Thanks!

So, to update the post I made about the work-around now that OpenID is working as it should...

Here's a work-around for using Google as an OpenID on Toodledo:

(1) Log into your Google account
(2) Open Google's "Account Settings" and click on "Blogger"
(3) Create a blog if you haven't, and copy the blog's URL (which should look like http://blogname.blogspot.com)
(4) Tell Toodledo's account settings that the blog URL is your OpenID address
(5) Sign out of Toodledo
(6) Sign back into Toodledo with an OpenID address, then confirm the OpenID

All set up!

There is one extra step to this work-around -- every time you clear your cache or sign into a new computer, you have to:

(1) Sign into Google
(2) Type "blogger.com" into your browser (which pulls up your blogger "Dashboard"), then you can close that tab if you like.
(3) Type "toodledo.com" into your browser

Notes:

(1) If you forget to pull up the blogger website first, don't bother to put your password into the form they provide -- it probably won't work anyway. Just type in blogger.com, then go back to toodledo.com.
(2) Even though your blog URL is at blogspot.com, your account is actually at blogger.com. It might work if you type in blogspot.com instead, though. I didn't try it.

This message was edited Apr 12, 2011.
Danielle et al.

Posted Apr 07, 2011 in: OpenID with Google Accounts
One issue that makes this work-around useless is that I have to sign in to Toodledo with my OpenID every time I restart my browser. At that point, I might as well just sign in with my username and password. Why isn't Toodledo remembering to check my OpenID?

Yes, I already made sure that the browser isn't dumping cookies when it restarts; it keeps them until they expire.

Thanks!
Danielle et al.

Posted Apr 07, 2011 in: OpenID with Google Accounts
Here's a work-around for using Google as an OpenID on Toodledo:

(1) Log into your Google account
(2) Open Google's "Account Settings" and click on "Blogger"
(3) Create a blog if you haven't, and copy the blog's URL (which should look like http://blogname.blogspot.com)
(4) Tell Toodledo's account settings that the blog URL is your OpenID address
(5) Sign out of Toodledo
(6) Sign back into Toodledo with an OpenID address, then confirm the OpenID

All set up!

There is one extra step to this work-around -- every time you clear your cache or sign into a new computer, you have to:

(1) Sign into Google
(2) Type "blogger.com" into your browser (which pulls up your blogger "Dashboard"), then you can close that tab if you like.
(3) Type "toodledo.com" into your browser
(4) Sign in to Toodledo using OpenID

Notes:

(1) If you forget to pull up the blogger website first, don't bother to put your password into the form they provide -- it probably won't work anyway. Just type in blogger.com, then go back to toodledo.com.
(2) Even though your blog URL is at blogspot.com, your account is actually at blogger.com. It might work if you type in blogspot.com instead, though. I didn't try it.

This message was edited Apr 07, 2011.