ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by ottohirr"
ottohirr

Posted Apr 27, 2011 in: subtasks only go down one level?
Score: 0
  • ottohirr
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by alexandremrj:
...[edited]

More levels of substasks feels more like project planning than the purpose of toodledo - a todo list

What is one person's "todo" item may be another person's whole objective (broken down into a whole bunch of tasks).

I too was sadly disappointed when I found that tasks have only one level deeper item, subtasks.

In the mid-80's I had to be an administrator for a machine that had one level of directories... (you had only directories under "root" and files in those directories but nothing further) hahaha, thought that simple concept had long gone away.

It really befuddled me that someone would actually develop an app with only one level of subtasks. Certainly there is a practical limit in displaying but why FORCE everyone to not be able to make recursive subtasks.

I have not yet attempted to test, but there is the parent id. So can someone just put a subtask id in the parent id of the subtask? If so, then any 3rd party app can create recursive subtasks...

I like the app and the droid apps to interface, but not having recursive subtasks may be the final kick to drop it. The other was to be able to set the completion date. I often forget to check it off on the day I did it, and if I'm going to really use this, I want to track the actual information. Else I can continue to use the ol' paper DayTimer...

..Otto
ottohirr

Posted Apr 03, 2011 in: Change Completed Date?
Score: 0
  • ottohirr
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by Toodledo:
The completion date can be modified through our API, so a 3rd party app may provide this functionality, but modifying it through our website is not currently possible. We have over 1500 things on our todo list and this is one of many that we have not gotten to yet. I am sorry.

Humm... in today's, let the customer decide/advertise/etc, it would be nice to be able to have input/vote, on what people consider important, of those 1500+ features...

It also, in my naive view, seems that "simple feature" changes be weighed against more complex feature changes...

To me, it seems this is a "simple feature change"...

However if you are trying to roll it and other changes into a major feature release, it may yet be quite a bit of time (years?) before this is out...

Just purchased the pro-plus, since my (short) trial is about to expire, hoping that I don't find too many other "obvious-this-should-be-there" kind of surprises.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the service, I just want the world... :)

Best regards -