ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Task List"
Task List

Posted Jun 21, 2011 in: Toodledo is too complex?
Score: 1
Thanks for the reply. It seems a lot of us (at least in my industry) are too busy to see the forest through the trees!

Indeed 300 - 400 tasks is way too much for anyone trying to keep their head above water. I understand that it's hard for others to gauge my real issue here because I'm having trouble articulating it - most likely due to being overwhelmed with too many tasks.

Since my post 1 hr ago I've learned that the Goals view shows a completed task count and not a tally of current incomplete tasks. I've also stumbled upon a post that makes a lot more sense with my approach to task management. It's a simple but highly effective post by Alisa: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/1357/-6143/read.html

This is what really helped:
"Goals = Goals
Folders = Roles
Tasks = Projects
Subtasks = Tasks
Contexts = Locations
Statuses = Status
Tags = Contacts"
(Thanks Alisa!)

The only custom views I use now are saved searches to help me rollover incomplete tasks from today to tomorrow's list. Sounds like a little more knowledge in this area will take me a long way.

I'm also sensing a little nudge towards the Help Screens :-) Most of what I've learned so far has been through the forums. Sounds to me like I haven't been accessing all the available resources. I am a video engineer by trade and over-complicating systems is what I do. Maybe a fresh approach will simplify things for me with TD.

I don't want to go back to RTM so I'm going to continue my time investment here with TD. Thanks for taking it easy on this TD newb and my ignorance.

Have a great day!
Task List

Posted Jun 21, 2011 in: Toodledo is too complex?
Score: 0
I switched to Toodledo from Remember The Milk about 4 months ago. Since then, despite all the time I've spent learning how to work with ToodleDo, my productivity has slowed to a crawl - I've even had to get a paper based system to facilitate my ToodleDo workflow

I've been reading the forums; I'm familiar with GTD concepts; I consider myself to be quite productive especially when compared to my colleagues. Regardless, I feel as though I'm spending more time trying to tweak my system than I am actually adding and completing tasks.

This has gone from the best task management system to the most convoluted task workflow, IMO. Before I completely jump ship and abandon this excellent application can any of you provide any insight as to what I may be missing? Keep in mind, my todo list has 300 - 400 items on it.

Here are a couple of current issues:
1. ToDo: The only view that I consider relevant is the calendar view; this is the only I way I can see what's on the list for today/tomorrow/etc.

2. Goals: I've started playing around with the goals and after assigning a task to a goal my goal still shows 0 tasks in the "Goals" view.

Any insight is appreciated. I don't want to move to yet another app, moving this many tasks around is cumbersome.

Thanks in advance!
Brian.