ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
brian.cerveny

Posted Aug 30, 2009 in: New Outlook add-in for GTD & Toodledo
Score: 0
This is not a new GTD plugin. It has been around (and I have been using it) for years. There is just a new version (3.0).

As for Toodledo, the plugin does not support Toodledo. They have a few custom fields like project that do not translate. But if you are syncing tasks with Outlook, certainly that still works but you do not get any of the GTD Addin extras.

If you rely on Outlook for your work, I highly recommend this add-in. I had been using it at work for maybe 6 years until I was laid off (and therefore no longer use Outlook). Even so, I have used Toodledo for personal tasks. Going forward I imagine I might stick with only Toodledo, though the convenience of linking emails with tasks using that plugin is most execellent.

Brian
brian.cerveny

Score: 0
Posted by Anders:
The new version requires iPhone/iPod OS 3.0. The last version did too I believe.
I have an iPod as well, and though I was not happy that Apple wanted us to pay for 3.0, it is totally worth the 10 bucks for copy&paste alone.

Maybe this has been said in another thread, but iPhone OS updates are "free" because they have essentially been prepaid as part of the 2 year contract. These are essentially $700 devices being subsidized by the $1000+/year iPhone users spend on their service.

I will not be surprised if the iPhone 2G owners have to pay for an OS 4.0 upgrade when the time comes, as the devices will be older than the 2 years Apple accounted for.