ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by creative"
creative

Posted Aug 24, 2008 in: Delete contents of folder
Score: 0
  • creative
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2008
  • Score: 0
I may have asked this before, but I keep several projects of tasks under different folders on Toodledo. Once the project is finished, I would like to be able to delete all the tasks (finished or unfinished) within that folder without affecting the others.

I know that feature does not currently exist. The only thing I can do is physically delete each entry, but that involves deleted as much as 100 tasks per project and is too time consuming.

Can this feature of delete all tasks in a folder be added in a later update?
creative

Posted Aug 24, 2008 in: iCal Subscription of a Single Folder?
Score: 1
  • creative
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2008
  • Score: 1
I would love to see that also. I keep multiple projects on my Toodledo account and would love to sync my work project with Ical, but I would not want any of the other folders to sync with it.
creative

Posted Aug 23, 2008 in: Notebook
  • creative
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2008
How do you backup the data in the Notebook? Can you export it to XML with the rest of the task data and use it as a backup file?
creative

Posted Aug 17, 2008 in: Notebook
  • creative
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2008
is there any way to access the notebook using the Iphone Slim version?
creative

Posted May 18, 2008 in: Slim version's 2 hour delay
  • creative
  • Posted: May 18, 2008
my mistake. I had the due dates set for more than six months out. The settings will not permit the slim version to display those.

I would love to see an option of being after to turn that setting off.
creative

Posted May 18, 2008 in: Using as a shot list or checklist
  • creative
I don't use the tasks in the traditional sense, but instead use it as a shot list when photographing weddings. A few tricks I learned to make it useful for this alternative purpose:

Turn off all fields in the settings except for Folder, Task, star and trash.

To keep the shot list in sequence, you can number your entries with a prefix of 001, 002, 010, etc. and then display in alphabetical order.

Once you create your master list, export it to a tab delimited file to create a template.

Use folder names to assign each list in a folder to different customers.

Do a find replace of the folder names using your normal text editor and resave to a new name.

Then you can import the new file with new folder name back to Toodledo to create a list for another customer.

Use the star field to mark extra important items on the list or headings.

This message was edited May 18, 2008.
creative

Posted May 18, 2008 in: Slim version's 2 hour delay
  • creative
I filed a report on this matter with the makers of Toodledo, but I am curious if others are having the same problem:

My tasks updates that I do on my computer to the main site, are not showing up on the optimized slim version for the iphone until 2 or 3 hours later.

Also, if I make changes on the slim version, using my iphone, but loose the connection for any reason and have to reload the page, those changes are lost on the iphone. I find that the changes were recorded on the main site, but the main site does not update the slim version until 2-3 hours later.

As a result, it makes the slim version useless to me.
creative

Posted May 13, 2008 in: Tasks Template creation
  • creative
  • Posted: May 13, 2008
Since I use the todos to create shot lists for weddings, I needed a folder template of a list of photos.

I was able to create a temporary account, create a folder template of tasks and then export to xls the task template.

I can open the xls file with a standard text reader and do a search and replace on the folder name changing it to a new name.

Then reimport the template with the new folder name.
creative

Posted May 13, 2008 in: Creating a folder of tasks template
  • creative
deleted

This message was edited May 13, 2008.
creative

Posted May 13, 2008 in: Subtasks on Slim version
  • creative
Is there a way to get subtasks on the slim version to appear indented on the slim version rather than having to load a new page to view the subtasks?

I am trying to cut down on Edge time on the Iphone. It takes too long to check off subactions on the iphone when using it as a shotlist for weddings.
creative

Posted May 13, 2008 in: Creating a folder of tasks template
  • creative
deleted

This message was edited May 13, 2008.
creative

Posted May 13, 2008 in: Deleting all todos in a folder
  • creative
I think this would be a good feature to add in future updates.
creative

Posted May 12, 2008 in: Folder sharing
  • creative
  • Posted: May 12, 2008
I noticed that the shared version of the list does not retain the alphabetical sequence order I setup up in the original list. How does the person viewing the shared list get to display in the same order I setup?
creative

Posted May 12, 2008 in: Folder sharing
  • creative
I use the toodledo for keeping track of shot lists for weddings that I photograph.

I would like to be able to share individual folders containing lists with individual brides so that one bride does not have access to another folder. How would I do this?
creative

Posted May 12, 2008 in: How do you format a todo
  • creative
I would like to make headings for my list of todos. Is there a way to make a todo bold, italic, underlined or colored?

Or is it better to creating headings and subheadings?
creative

Posted May 12, 2008 in: Deleting all todos in a folder
  • creative
How do you delete all of the todos in a particular folder without deleting the ones in other folders?
creative

Posted May 12, 2008 in: iPhone User Tips
  • creative
being a wedding photographer, I am attempting to use it to keep track of shot lists requested by the couple.

The most difficult part is trying to insert an item at a certain place in the list. Making plenty of extra lines helps, but there is no way to insert one at a particular place unless you number your list. That also takes up extra space on the iphone.