ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Productiveman"
Productiveman

Score: 1
I like the search feature within fields on the new layout; good add. And it seems a bit faster, too, which is good.

On the other hand, the checkbox on an indented task in the new layout is unfortunately too close to the edge of the sub-task's title field so that when trying to click on the start of the task's title field to place the cursor there, it is hard to avoid marking the sub-task as done (at least on Firefox on Windows). Suggest adding a bit more space between the checkbox and the start of the subtask title editing box.

Thanks.
Productiveman

Score: 0
Very often I quickly dump a task into Toodledo only to later during my inbox processing / list clean-up discover that what I have entered is actually a sub-task next action of a multi-step project. Surely there a better way.

Today, I have to either
(1) re-word the task I have entered to turn it into a project and then create a sub-task that is the next action, or
(2) go create a new project task and then drag the task onto it to turn it into a next-action sub-task of the new project task.
Both are clunky.

A faster/easier solution would be to simply add a "create parent task" command to the action drop-down menu. If done, it should copy the entries of the task so that the fields do not have to be re-entered again, just like sub-task creation does today.
Productiveman

Posted Oct 27, 2016 in: Third party goal planning connection
Score: 1
The goal planning capability in Toodledo is frankly pretty basic. I'd like to see a better way to visualize and prioritize the long, medium and short term goals (as well as ideally the projects underneath them). If there are no plans to augment the functionality within Toodledo, then I'd like to see a connection built to a third party platform such as Goalscape which does a nice job of visually laying out one's goal landscape.

https://www.goalscape.com/

I have no connection to the company...it's just a cool tool I found via a web search. It seems to have fairly limited task functionality and be mainly focused on the bigger picture.

There may be other good goal planning platforms aside from that one. For example, I did look at Lifetick and GoalsOnTrack but Goalscape seemed to have the most robust functionality and least overlap with what I have been doing for years in Toodledo. No doubt there are others I'm not aware of.