ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Foxandxss"
Foxandxss

Posted Nov 24, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
Posted by Proximo:

As for books. I read many books but I don't ever list them as Task. I always carry with my books and I read them when ever I have a chance. Not everything I do requires a task. I don't have a task for Grocery shopping, I simply go when I need too.

just a suggestion.

It's a good point but Im student, 75% of my time is reading books. I have to list them as Task.

At this moment, Im putting every chapter as subtask and it's working fine.
Foxandxss

Posted Nov 23, 2009 in: Hidden options or Im blind? :P
Score: 0
Oh, hidden option or Im blind? Definitely, blind.

Thank you Linden.
Foxandxss

Posted Nov 22, 2009 in: Hidden options or Im blind? :P
Score: 0
Hello, I saw the Proximo's GTD setup video and I see some features that I can't turn on because I don't know how.

For example, every tab has a number of items. For example if you are in the folder view, you can see something like:

Inbox (20)

In my Toodledo I only see "Inbox" without the task count...

On the other hand, how can I configure the number of options of the "View By"? I want to hide sharing and enable others...

I looked on the account settings but I didn't see the option.

Thank you.
Foxandxss

Posted Nov 22, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -2
This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
Foxandxss

Posted Nov 20, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
Thank you Proximo.

I have another question, maybe is answered through the book but I didn't see it yet.

What about a task that you can't complete in 'one shot'?

For example, If I have a task like: Learn moonlight sonata mvt 1. I need like 10 hours to learn it, that is about 2-3 weeks.

What should I do? Create a repetitive task "play moonlight" and mark it complete every time I spend time on it and deleting it when I complete it?

And what do you recomend about reading a book? Creating a project with every chapter as subtasks? And the same problem as before... If I have "CSS MM: Chapter 1" marked with a star but I can't finish it in one shot... How I track that I worked on it? Or simply mark it whenever I done it?

Thank you :)
Foxandxss

Posted Nov 19, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
Hello there, Im new to toodledo and GTD.

Im just reading the book and this post is really good.

The proximo's approach to GTD in Toodledo is as good as Vitalist's approach but with the Toodledo extras :)

Now, in my humble opinion, the 'context' thing depends on you. I will explain myself:

You people have something like @work, @home, @personal.

I have no work, Im just a software developer student. Should I have only a @home context because Im always at home? I don't think so.

I have some BIG projects like.. web development, desktop development, a blog..

I have a @WebDevelopment, @Blog .... contexts. I use the context as BIG project and the projects itself as parts of that big project.

For example, I have Css learning project, jQuery learning project, ASP.NET learning project... All that projects have the @WebDevelopment context. Why? Because I devote days to web development, other days to my blog...

If I am in a Web Development 'day', I use a custom search that filter all the @WebDevelopment context and the task that are next actions.

Im doing wrong? Will Allen kill me? :PP

EDIT: Reading the post I see a solution like the one I posted here, although I can use the Goal option for that.

I will try all options :P

This message was edited Nov 20, 2009.