Search results for "Posted by "
g.stoel

Posted Jan 25, 2012 in: Quickly add a todo item to your inbox
Score: 0
  • g.stoel
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2012
  • Score: 0
Hi there,

I was wondering how you Toodledoers out there are quickly adding tasks to Toodledo?

Do you always have your browser window open?
Do you send emails to Toodledo?
Do you have some 3rd party app for that?

Why? I would like to be able to quickly add todos during meetings, or when at my desk without thinking (that will start when I browse my inbox).

I do use a mac at home and a windows pc at work (with Launchy). Any tips and tricks how to quickly add tasks on these platforms?

Thanks,

Geoffrey
g.stoel

Posted Feb 25, 2010 in: Translators Needed
Score: -1
  • g.stoel
  • Posted: Feb 25, 2010
  • Score: -1
I can double check Dutch
g.stoel

• g.stoel
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2009
Hi there a lot has been set already here about how to use Toodledo for your GTD-ing. I am now in the process of making the full swing this weekend. Until now I have only been doing it half/half and experimenting with Toodledo for functionality.

So here is my a take on how I am planning to implement this using Toodledo and any of your feedback would be greatly appreciated:

1. FOLDERS - create several folders - each with a main purpose to categorize (and thus filter) on a high level, but keep it simple
Inbox --> this is the default folder where everything should drop in
Projects --> this is the main folder where all my projects will reside as toplevel tasks, while all actions will be listed as subtasks underneaht
Lists --> my books to read, websites to visit, etc.
Someday/Maybe --> my folder for setting my longer term someday/maybe items
2. CONTEXT - used to categorize locations/contexts where to act
Home - all the things to do at home
Work - all the things to do at the office
Calls - calls I need to make
Agendas - what to discuss with whom
Projects - each top level activity gets the Projects context for my weekly review
Waiting - waiting for someone else here (STILL IN DOUBT IF I SHOULD USE THE STATUS FIELD FOR THIS)
3. TASKS - either projects or non project related activities
4. SUBTASKS - project related activities

Now one of my biggest unknowns about GTD is how to use NAs. If you create a project, eg. Get car repaired at garage - how is the workflow going after that?
A. Do you create a project "Get car repaired at garage" and one NA under it: "Call Jim for his recommended Volkswagen garage" and after you have called Jim create the next NA: "Call garage to make appointment and ask for replacement car", etc.

or is it
B. Do you create a project "Get car repaired at garage" and multiple activities under that: "Call Jim for his recommended Volkswagen garage","Call garage to make appointment and ask for replacement vehicle", "Drop car at garage", "Pick up car at garage" and flag "Call Jim...." as the next action?

This is one thing I have always been struggling with conceptionally about GTD. Hope that some of you can reflect their opinions upon this and offcourse on my planned Toodledo setup. And if you have any tips, links, etc. to good articles about weekly reviews please feel free to post them in a reply.

Regards,

Geoffrey
g.stoel

• g.stoel
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2009
Hi there,

was wondering if I didn't find the option on the iphone to set the due date in a format like: tomorrow, tuesday, wednesday, next monday, etc.

I do see the actual date selector (eg. feb 23, etc.) - but from a to do perspective I always prefer the tomorrow, tuesday, etc. kind of selection.

is this in there or can it be added (feature request :))

great app and keep up the good work..

regards,

Geoffrey
g.stoel

• g.stoel
  • Posted: Jan 27, 2009
I would like to propose the following feature:

Add an extra view to the top of the screen (like: Favourites | Main | Folder | Context | Due-Date | Priority | Sharing | Search | Classic)

within this view a number (eg. 8 or unlimited) of the (existing) tabs from the (existing views) can be inserted here. So for example my 'Favourites' view would include the following tabs:
* Overdue (from due-date view)
* Today (from due-date view)
* Next 7 days (from due-date view)
* Waiting for (one of my Folders)
* Received per mail (one of my custom searches)
* Todos without folder (one of my custom searches)

these are basically the main tabs I use across a day - so having them at hand in one view would same me some time clicking from one to another.

I can imagine the interface to manage this favourites view could be something like this

Please check all the tabs that you would like to have added to your Favourites view:

* Main
[ ] All Tasks
[ ] Starred
[ ] Hotlist
[ ] Recently added
[ ] Recently Completed
<etc>

* Due-Date
[ ] Any Due date
[x] Overdue
[x] Today
[ ] Tomorrow
[x] Next 7 Days
<etc>

couldn't find anything in the forum by searching for tab, favourite or favorite

greets,

Geoffrey
g.stoel

• g.stoel
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2008
that definately helps me out.... a saved search gives me the overview...

now only the drill for myself to check this search regularly

Thanks guys.
g.stoel

Posted Oct 30, 2008 in: Where is the hotlist
  • g.stoel
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2008
ouch.... how could I have missed that one....

thanks michael
g.stoel

• g.stoel
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2008
Hi,

i would like to have some sort of overview of tasks that came in through email that where not correctly processed.

Example
if I send an email to my personal toodledo email address with the subject "check toodledo forum #tomoro"

i accidently missed the w in #tomorrow.... it now ends up with a due date of dec 31, 1969.

Or if I send "check toodledo forum *ProjectA" and the folder ProjectA does not exist, the task is being added, but not linked to any folder, however I get no notification for that.

I would like to have an overview of "imports" that were processed, but not completely due to one of these syntax errors.

Is the explanation clear?

And is this already on a roadmap?

greetz,

Geoffrey
g.stoel

• g.stoel
Hi it's me again in the topic about how do you use folders some people are discussing on-the-fly folder creation. this would definately help me with my workflow.

Is this somewhere on the Toodledo roadmap already?

couldn't find any post about this in the last forum posts....

regards,

Geoffrey
g.stoel

Posted Oct 29, 2008 in: Where is the hotlist
  • g.stoel
Hi I am reading some stuff in the help file and the forums about the Hotlist... but what is the hotlist??? can't seem to have a button/link somewhere (or I am just selectively blind for this :))

thanks for any help,

Geoffrey
g.stoel

Posted Oct 23, 2008 in: Better Due Date sorting
  • g.stoel
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2008
I am flabbergasted too.... that's great work...

thinking of what else I would like to plug here in the forum :)
g.stoel

Posted Oct 21, 2008 in: Better Due Date sorting
  • g.stoel
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2008
I do agree with michael here, that this is one of the things I also miss in Toodledo from the web point of view (not specifically iPhone web).

If I look at my tasks for this week, I would like to have them divided per day for overview sake. offcourse the info can be accessed through the tabs in the due date view.

The To-Do app on my iPhone does this very well and it really gives me an idea I am in control.

Regards,

Geoffrey