Search results for "Posted by george"
george

Posted Nov 18, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
Score: 0
  • george
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2008
  • Score: 0
hi and thanks for the reply.

It was not an optional task, but it was outdated for sure. All my filters are off except the completed tasks to be hidden. I remember the name of the task and I have already tried to find it using search. I searched the site as well and it's not there either.

Also as I wrote on the previous post and on the bug submission page after successful synching I saw it reduced the "All Tasks" and the "Hotlist" number of tasks by one.

I know it was my bad luck for common software glitches that noone can explain and never happen again and appear only to the few of us that are destened to face problems noone has ever faced before, but I was hoping for a way to recover it...like the "Trash Can" link that I suggested on the previous post.
Not that if you implement that I will recover my lost task, but in the future maybe it won't be an issue again.

Apart from anything related to that problem the suggestion for a way to see or recover deleted tasks still stands so I hope you think of it.
george

Posted Nov 18, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • george
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2008
hi,

since it seems I'm one of the few unfortunate users that somehow I get tasks erased can I make a suggestion?

Actually this is a suggestion for the site.

Add a Deleted (Trash Can) link where deleted tasks appear (at least for a week). I can't think of any way the task to disappear unless it gets deleted so hopefully it will be placed in the trash can. The user then can recover it.

thanks
george

Posted Nov 17, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • george
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2008
hi,

good job on the update, but I don't know what happened it just erased a task on openning the app and it erased it after synching.

I remember the task and it had nothing weird or different from other tasks. It was assigned to a folder, it had due date, priority, context and status. It was overdue for a week.

I really can't think anything different on that specific task to be erased after synching.

Any recent bug report about that? Anyone else had problems with cold blood erases? :(

As expected the task is removed from the site as well.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2008.
george

Posted Oct 28, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • george
  • Posted: Oct 28, 2008
I reported a bug and I wanted to know if anyone else got this.

I edited a task and the only thing I did was to assign it to a folder. The folder field was empty and I just added the folder. The folder was created later than the task (I think).

The task was updated correctly except the part that it emptied the notes field (with 5 rows of text).

Nasty bug (if it is a bug)...losing notes is BAD!!!
george

Posted Oct 23, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • george
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2008
One other thing now that I see it happening from the 1st version that I installed the app.

I read in the forum all topics about recently completed tasks and the tasks older than 1 week need a pro account to appear and all made sense, but in the iPhone when I go to Recent, the Recently Completed number is 0 and when I enter Recently Completed is shows all tasks completed within the week (as intended).

So my suggestion is this. If the Recently Completed list is full of completed tasks then show their number in the Recent list. (maybe this is a bug?)

However, the most accurate solution and my suggestion for this would be to divide completed tasks in two parts.

- Completed Tasks: to be somewhere else than the Recent list and to show all the allowed completed tasks (last weeks for free users).

- Recently Completed: to be in the Recent list and to show the recently completed tasks like in the last 1 hour or in the last day (ideally to be customizable (from settings) from 1 hour to 1 day).

Thanks in advance
George
george

• george
ok, I played a bit more to test what the problem was and I found out that for no reason it had lost the login data, even though it was correctly entered. After connecting to wifi I was getting a different message with error code #1002. I re-entered my login data and everything was ok after that. Even without wifi I stopped getting that message with error code #1003.

I found out that the wifi connection was not working properly. It showed to be connected but nothing with wifi was playing correctly. After I fixed the wifi connection everything was ok. So this part of the problem with the wifi connection has nothing to do with toodledo I guess, but having to re-enter my login data I guess it has something to do with toodledo.
Maybe there are some rare cases with wifi not working properly to create an event for the account to be unrecognisable and then you would have to re-enter it?

Anyway I guess it was a flux (if that is the correct word for unlucky random event...my english have rusted a bit :P)

George
george

• george
Something weird happened today and I don't know if it was always there and appeared now or something is wrong.

I get an error msg on opening the app. The message is:
Sync Failed
Please go to your synchronization settings and login again. Error #1003.

I've always had the settings on "auto sync". When wi-fi was on it synced fine, when it was off it didn't sync and that message never appeared.

This happened today, meaning that it worked fine after the latest update, which is weird for this to appear after so many days.

Anyone else getting that?

thanks
George
george

Posted Oct 20, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • george
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2008
Great work on the update. The icon badge is superb. :)

I know hotlist is calculated on due dates and priorities but can you please (on the next update or on one of the next updates) for the application icon to show today tasks as an option too?

Also for the edit a task thing...I can't argue on personal preferences (I prefer to hit the edit to edit), but really now we are talking about 1 second to hit the button and the screen to change...you sound like it's a big deal...anyway if programmers can make it an option then I guess everyone will be happy or else I suggest to leave it that way because it's better to lose 1 second to enter edit mode than to miss-edit tasks.

Also since programmers are all hyped with the next version and even though I'm pretty sure they took consideration of all requests so far in this thread I hope they don't mind repeating some handy and nice features that I posted on earlier pages for users to comment on them as well.

"You can setup in default contexts the words call and email and visit website or you can identify them if they are not in default and a user creates them. In that case a call task could be filled in in conjunction with the contacts app and when the user wants to complete the task he would be presented with the numbers from that contact and on tap of the chosen number the call would start. Respectively the same case would be for email and upon selection of the email from the selected contact the mail app would open. Lastly the visit website should save the link added as link and on tap would open safari."

Thanks in advance and congrats again on this fantastic app.

George

This message was edited Oct 20, 2008.
george

Posted Oct 13, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • george
  • Posted: Oct 13, 2008
Hi,

Good job with the update and the search functionality. Looks good.

I wished that the Icon Badge alert would be in this update, but never mind, now I hope to be in the next one if it is in your plans.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the ppl that have the due dates "bug". I read the other posts and I fixed my timezone from the account settings, but I still have problem with iPhone app (iPhone setup in Date & Time settings for region format is Greek).

I tried to clear the due date field and set it again in some tasks after I changed the timezone in my account settings and it fixed the problem. However after closing and opening the app again, after the synchronization finished the due dates were all wrong again.
The problem is the same as described in the other posts. Tasks that are actually for tomorrow appear on my today list and tasks for today are under the overdue list.

I will report this also to the bug tracking system, but I saw that you answer to this problem with the timezone in order to fix this, so I'm just wondering if anyone fixed this with just setting the timezone correctly.

Thanks
George
george

Posted Oct 10, 2008 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • george
  • Posted: Oct 10, 2008
Posted by aldonc:
I guess buried is relative. That's how delete in mail works too.

aldon

maybe you are right, but most apps have a small edit button in the list view and a delete small icon appears next to all rows when you tap edit...or other apps when you go in details view of a task in our case at the end of the form there is a red delete button.

in that sense buried, but I agree it's relative and maybe you are right.

:)
george

• george
Posted by aldonc:
do a left-to-right swipe on a task in any listing and a delete button appears.

aldon

indeed. thanks
why buried it like this?
george

• george
Ehm just playing some more I discovered that I don't know how to delete a task.

I read that you have disabled task deletion until the bug is fixed but I understand this is for the web site application.

I'm not intending to use the web application at the moment. I prefer to use it as a standalone application for the iPhone. So I need to delete some tasks.

I searched help and this forum but I didn't find anything. So how do I delete a task on the iPhone app?

Thanks
George

This message was edited Oct 10, 2008.
george

• george
Hello,

After trying (and in most cases buying) almost all GTD and task management applications from appStore I'm really optimistic that Toodledo will cover all my needs.

Firstly I would like to congratulate you for this excellent app.

Secondly I would like to comment on some of the posts above and especially on shoppping2 suggestions.
About the separate click to edit actually I disagree to change that. I like and prefer viewing the full details of the task just to read the extra notes or check the context that they are included.
Editing and changing tasks should be a clear event and it should stay separated from viewing a task.
However I totally agree with the search feature. This would be really nice.

Now I want to make some suggestions myself.

- Icon Badge: I know Apple has restricted access from one application to another or more accurately to their own applications, so I understand setting alarms with the application closed or the iPhone in standby would be at the moment impossible. So my suggestion is something what other task management apps are already doing...and this is a number of today tasks (or even customizable) to appear on the right top corner of the app icon badge. So this will be a reminder of how many tasks you have scheduled for today.

- Some other handy features: As I said before I tried or watched screencasts of other gtd or task management apps and some features are really handy, impressive and unique. So I know that they may be just wishful thinking and a luxury at the moment or even impossible (if patents are involved) but I'll suggest them anyway.

You can setup in default contexts the words call and email and visit website or you can identify them if they are not in default and a user creates them. In that case a call task could be filled in in conjunction with the contacts app and when the user wants to complete the task he would be presented with the numbers from that contact and on tap of the chosen number the call would start. Respectively the same case would be for email and upon selection of the email from the selected contact the mail app would open. Lastly the visit website should save the link added as link and on tap would open safari.

I'll come again for a new post with suggestions after collecting them and making a list (in toodledo :P) of my choices.

Thanks
George