This post has been hidden because of negative votes. Click to reveal
brian

Posted Sep 07, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • brian
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2011
  • Score: -1
Posted by Toodledo:
A very very tiny percentage of our users are reporting slow page loads. We haven't been able to reproduce this on any of our test computers and we haven't been able to figure out what could be causing. If you could create a support ticket and provide some additional information and run some experiments, that would help us out.

I can do this, but what format should I provide the examples in? I'm willing to show my todo list or a subset of it. Should I export this to XML? Should I share my Toodledo account with support? I'm running an extremely fast computer in Win 7 64 bit with 16 Gb RAM and Firefox 6.02. Since the update, aside from switch between the "main" and "folder" views being slow, switching between different folders within the folder view itself is also extremely slow.

-- Brian
brian

Posted Sep 07, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 1
  • brian
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2011
  • Score: 1
If you try what I'm doing, I'm sure you'll notice the slowness. This is also not the only post on this topic. My database is exactly the same as before. If I click the "Folders" item, it now takes almost a full minute to show my folder list. For the previous version it was almost instantaneous. It's obvious that this is an issue with the new code and not with anything I'm doing. I didn't change what I'm doing, the server did. So which one do you think is at fault? Switching between Main and Folders is extremely sluggish. I've started using a 3rd party tool because this is practically unusable for me.

And I'm an engineer as well.

-- Brian

Posted by Salgud:
Posted by brian:
The redesign seems ok. But this is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. I used to sort by folder. This is now so slow as to be unusable. Also, how do I store all of my stuff offline in case Toodledo goes away?

Thanks,

Brian

If yours is slow, there's something wrong. For most of us, the new version is faster.

As to backing up, go to Tools, Import/Export and pick your poison.
brian

Posted Sep 06, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: -1
  • brian
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2011
  • Score: -1
The redesign seems ok. But this is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. I used to sort by folder. This is now so slow as to be unusable. Also, how do I store all of my stuff offline in case Toodledo goes away?

Thanks,

Brian