ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mark_1350940309"
mark_1350940309

Posted Dec 21, 2013 in: Save Sorts with Searches
Score: 0
I whole-heartedly agree.

One of the main points I took away from reading GTD is that you have to be able to trust your system - specifically that when you add a task you trust that the system will bring it to your attention in a timely manner.

In this case, a Saved Search may show me, for example, all tasks with sub-tasks (projects). But for it to be clear and useful, I need to sort that list by Status and set sub-task display inline. Then I can see all Active projects at a glance, and I can trust my system.

Without that capability it's not just the extra couple of clicks, it's the little twinge of doubt every time I look at that search that I might be missing something. Ultimately that's what leads users like me to become disillusioned with a tool and go in search of another one.

Mark
mark_1350940309

Posted Dec 17, 2013 in: "Deferred" status in search
Yes, I know I could do that - the issue is that any other search I do I may want to filter in the same way. To set this filtering up takes 20+ mouse-clicks for each search, and most of that could be saved if there was a catch-all "Deferred" option.

It's clearly not a major issue but it would help usability.

Mark
mark_1350940309

Posted Dec 17, 2013 in: "Deferred" status in search
Would it be possible to have a catch-all "Deferred" option in the search parameters for Status?

Currently if I want to search for active tasks I need three or four separate search terms ORed together:

Status is Active
OR Status is Next Action
OR Status is None
OR Status is Planning

It would be a LOT quicker to be able to select

Status is not Deferred

to exclude any tasks with Status>3.
Mark
mark_1350940309

Posted Dec 17, 2013 in: Parent status
Most of my tasks are organised into projects, which I implement in ToodleDo as tasks/subtasks.

One of my most basic requirements is to show all currently Active (or Next Action) tasks. I can implement a search using the "has-subtasks" filter option to exclude those tasks that are really Projects.

But I really want to exclude tasks which are children of Deferred projects, too. As far as I can see there is no way of doing this. Unless I manually update all the child projects with the same status, they pop up in my Active Tasks search and render it unusable.

Would it be possible to implement a "parent-status" parameter in the search options? And while we're at it, "parent-startdate" and "parent-duedate"? IMHO this would go a long way towards making the current task-subtask system more like a real project-task relationahip.

Mark