ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Andrew"
Andrew

Score: 0
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2009
  • Score: 0
In the Slim version, when you go into edit view, the task title and notes text fields do not stretch across the width of the screen on the iPhone, Android, and some other mobile browsers that I tried. In fact, they only occupy about half the width, which makes it very difficult to edit text of any length in these fields. Why not have those text fields auto expand to fit the width? Should just be a matter of changing a few attributes in your HTML.

Also, how about adding some blank space at the bottom of the edit view so that, for instance on Android, the notes text box can be scrolled up above the on-screen keyboard.

Finally, in the Task detail view (not edit view), how about putting the text of the notes below the label that says "Notes" rather than in the 2nd column? This way the note could make use of the whole screen width and it would be easier to read the text of long notes (wouldn't wrap as much).

Seems like these should be minor tweaks, but they would make a huge difference as to usability. Thanks!
Andrew

Score: 0
  • Andrew
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2009
  • Score: 0
I have several times experienced the same problem described in this (now locked) thread:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/935/-4505/notes-mixup-sync-problem.html

I am now able to repeatedly recreate the error as follows, but only when using Chrome:

- On a task that already has a note (let's call it Task A), click the note icon to expand the note, then click the note text to show text edit box, then click outside the text edit box to get out of edit mode
- Go to a new web site in the same browser tab (eg, type in "www.yahoo.com" or, as is what often happens with me, click on a link contained in the notes of Task A)
- After new site (eg, Yahoo) is loaded, click the back button to return to ToodleDo
- On a different task that already has a note (let's call it Task B), click the note icon to expand the note, then click on the note text to show the text edit box. When doing so, the text edit box contains the note from Task A, not Task B!!! If you click outside the text edit box, the note of Task A is then saved over the note of Task B, thus erasing the original Task B note. (If you notice this error before clicking outside the Task B note edit box, you can close the browser tab to prevent the note from being overwritten.)

I've lost a lot of notes from this until just now figuring out what was going on.