ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by agueritz"
agueritz

Posted Dec 06, 2013 in: Daily Activity Journal
Score: 0
  • agueritz
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2013
  • Score: 0
I have used the Notes field in Outlook in a similar way to log stuff but you indeed have manually date stamp your entries. However, it is not as good as having a proper audit trail or journal. Outlook also lacks this feature so Toodledo would be one up on MS if implemented.

An extra neat feature would be to display the journal entries on the calendar view (in the past).

Whilst many people might snort at the idea of a "done enough for today" button on a task, I find it very therapeutic to mark something in that way as I clear down the list for the day, as I often have multi-day work items like that in my consulting life.

See here...http://www.sixhills-consulting.com/blog/2013/07/29/cool-not-cool/
in the section about Todo lists at the bottom of the post
agueritz

Posted Nov 26, 2013 in: Daily Activity Journal
  • agueritz
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2013
Thanks, yes, I saw that. However, it is the historical trail that I am really interested in
agueritz

Posted Nov 26, 2013 in: Daily Activity Journal
  • agueritz
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2013
Many work items in my life take longer than a day to complete but it is really motivational to tick them off as they are done. However, they stick on my to-do list until they can truly be marked complete.

So I would really like to have a journal of activity on any day, which is a bit more detailed than just the history of completed tasks. I don't need a fully featured timesheet system, just the ability to record what I worked on in a particular day, and how long I worked on it.

I haven't found anything like this yet in Toodledo.

So it would be really neat if Toodledo had a couple of additional features:
1. to automatically record in a journal when you make changes to a particular task - like star/un-star and so on - with date / time etc
2. to manually add a comment and some other info to the daily journal (like the amount of time spent that day) for any specific task - this could also be associated with a specific status change or star/unstar