ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Terry

Posted Aug 11, 2011 in: Why not full GTD support?
Score: 0
  • Terry
  • Posted: Aug 11, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by Lance:
If I have an email that I’m forwarding to TD, I will process it then, so that it goes into the correct folder and tagged appropriately.

I didn't know you could do that. Would you mind sharing how?
Terry

Posted Jul 07, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • Terry
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2010
  • Score: -1
I'm following Proximo on Twitter. I'll drop him a message which hopefully he'll respond to.
Terry

Posted Mar 08, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • Terry
  • Posted: Mar 08, 2010
Posted by patrick.adamek:
Hello Everybody,

i just started using Toodledo on the basis of the Proximo setup.

@Proximo: Thanks for sharing your setup. It is really great.

I am using this as a basis. I don´t use the star function. Instead my Next Actions folder holds all my Next Actions. This includes the project related Next Actions. I realize this by assigning the subtask another folder (the Next Actions Folder) than the parent task (it is assigned to the projects folder). I know by using this "method" i have to change the flattened and indented filter for subtasks to show up in my Next Actions folder. But this is ok for me because i only have to use the indented view during the weekly review. So i don´t have to switch often.

I am writing this here because there is an issue when using ToDo with this concept. It seems that ToDo does not support that subtasks reside in another folder than the parent task. if i sync with Toodledo the ToDo App changes the folder of the subtask back to the folder of the parent. the result is that the "project next actions" disappear from my next actions lists. this is a killer for me. i also think ToDo has a nicer interface but ill use the Toodledo app because is saves the integrity of my data.

Has anyone of you also realized this? Thanks four your reply and best regards
Patrick

I've just noticed this too so thanks for the tip off Patrick. My scenario is I want to move a sub task of a project to my 'Waiting For' folder, but when I sync it just goes back to being in the 'Project' folder. I too am using Todo.

Can anyone think of a workaround otherwise this a big restriction because there will often be reasons to want to have a sub task associated with a different folder?
Terry

Posted Mar 01, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • Terry
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2010
Posted by Terry:
Has anyone figured a way to have the Todo app's 'Inbox' sync with a Toodledo 'Inbox' folder, as per Proximo's setup. It seems that anything in the Todo 'Inbox' shows up in the 'No folder' section of Toodledo.

If there is no workaround then I guess I will have to start using the Toodledo 'No folder' to act as my inbox.

Any suggestions anyone?

What I've ended up doing is: in Todo, I set a new task default (in settings) to create in my version of 'Inbox', as originated in Toodledo. This way, my Todo version of 'Inbox' sync's with Toodledo's 'Inbox', and vice versa. All this means is in Todo, Todo's version of inbox, the one that sits at the top of the screen, becomes redundant. Haven't found a way of hiding it.

Hope this makses sense.
Terry

Posted Feb 28, 2010 in: Appigo Todo now better for GTD
  • Terry
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2010
Has anyone figured a way to have the Todo app's 'Inbox' sync with a Toodledo 'Inbox' folder, as per Proximo's setup. It seems that anything in the Todo 'Inbox' shows up in the 'No folder' section of Toodledo.

If there is no workaround then I guess I will have to start using the Toodledo 'No folder' to act as my inbox.

Any suggestions anyone?
Terry

Posted Sep 12, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
  • Terry
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2009
  • Score: 1
I believe the Greasemonkey script was to allow indenting of subtasks, which Toodledo didn't use to be able to do but now it can, so basically that script is not required. That's what I picked up but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
Terry

Posted Sep 11, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
  • Terry
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2009
  • Score: 1
Thanks for the response Claudio.

I'm using Appigo Notebook on the iPhone and also Toodledo for iPhone.

I would like to adopt Proximo's approach but I would also have liked to have folders for my notes independent of the Task folders. I think my only choice would be to adopt Proximo's approach for the use of folders and just have notes on my iPhone/Toodledo notebook but not have them in a folder. Seems a shame though because it means less organisation of my notes.
Terry

Posted Sep 11, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • Terry
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2009
  • Score: -1
@Proximo.
Firstly, great thread. I'm also a new GTD'er that wants to adopt this and use it fully so this is great.

I have just bought Appigo Notebook and notice when you sync with Toodledo, it adds all folders that are set up in Appigo Notebook. If I was to creat a random folder in Appigo Notebook, called 'Xmas pressies' I'm guessing that because this would get sync'd to Toodledo, it would then add this to the folder tabs in the main view. How would you suggest overcoming this issue?
Terry

Posted Apr 07, 2009 in: Keep Getting Duplicates on iPhone
  • Terry
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2009
When I was trying to reproduce this I did manage to get another duplicate but there was no pattern to it. The first time I got it I was sync'ing on a 3G connection and when I got the other I was actually on my home wifi. Sorry if this throws another spanner in the works but thought you should be aware in case you think the problem is exclusive to the slow network issue.
Terry

Posted Apr 07, 2009 in: Keep Getting Duplicates on iPhone
  • Terry
I too have had this problem today. I only sync with Toodledo iPhone app and the setting is on auto. I have tried to reproduce the problem but without success so it seems to be random.
Terry

Posted Apr 07, 2009 in: Sub tasks not showing under status
  • Terry
Hello

My first posting on here. I have searched but not found a solution so apologies if I've missed it.

I have just started using sub tasks. I use a status of 'planning' for the header task and 'active' for all sub tasks apart from one, which will be my 'next action' for this main task. The problem I'm finding is that this 'next action' task is not showing under the grouping 'next action'. It only appears to show the main tasks. Is this correct or can someone advise me of an alternative for my situation.