ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Kordt Griepenkerl"
Kordt Griepenkerl

Score: 1
Hi,
since this morning, tasks that have a start date tomorrow do not disappear even though I hide future tasks. If I set the start day to two days in the future, they disappear.

Could this be connected to the summer time we just started this morning in Germany??

Any fix?

Best regards,
Kordt
Kordt Griepenkerl

Posted Oct 02, 2014 in: tracking subtasks, any progress?
Score: 0
Hi,

I am reposting Brian Gockley's post from 18/02/2013, as Admin Jake answered there would be progress on this (I cannot quote, as the topic has been closed...).

Any update on this, or any more specific plans?

Best regards,
Kordt

Posted: 18/02/2013 Thanks for voting Quote

A search in the discussions shows that this has been asked for several times before, and though many things have been improved and added to Toodledo since then, this one has not. So, I am asking once again.

In order to have the kind of collaboration where several people are working together on a task, but each doing a small part of it, those subtasks need to be assignable to different accounts, but visible to all.

E.g.: TASK: CREATE REPORT (In whomever's account, lets say Laura)
Subtask 1: Write it (Brian)
Subtask 2: get numbers (Mary)
Subtask 3: Make charts (Geoff)

As it stands now, even if you could have tasks and subtasks with different accounts, you cannot have both multiple workers, and be able to see the whole project, as assigning another account immediately disappears it off Laura's view. Ideally, it would go gray for Laura, but she would still see it listed.

Anyway, we are looking into whether to use this in a small office, but the disjointedness created by this siloing may make it unusable. We could all log in to the same account, but that is not very elegant. Fortunately, your record of upgrading and the excellent breadth of features and support make you a strong contender. We hope you can get around to a more real world application of collaboration to match your other strengths.
Kordt Griepenkerl

Score: 1
I am reposting (below) daniel_garcia's question from Jan 31, 2012. Admin Jake had answered "This is planned for a future update", but I still cannot find how to track a task I assign to somebody else. It seems to disappear from my list, which certainly is not helpful..

Additional question: when will I be able to assign subtasks? That is also prettty fundamental to how at least I work?

Best regards,
Kordt

daniel_garcia wrote:

I'm using Subtasks to managed tasks within a project. So I might have:

Build Fence (Task)
- Design Fence
- Buy Timber
- Cut timber
- Assemble Fence
- Paint Fence

Now some of these task s might be delegated to other people. When I reassign tasks the task disappears from my tasks list.

Is there a way to include them in the list so I can track progress ? It really is a pain to go into a bunch of different workspaces to find out tasks statuses. sure I could do it with tags, but that is really a half arsed workaround.