ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Mark"
Mark

Posted Jan 21, 2010 in: Toodledo Desktop Client for Mac (kinda)
Score: 0
  • Mark
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2010
  • Score: 0
The menuExtra idea is just great! It's all I need really to keep a list of tasks in sync. Omnifus is great I'm sure but look at the price!
Shame toodledo haven't got a client though.
Mark

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: Iphone app sync
  • Mark
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
We never like to remove functionality, but this was causing a lot of problems and wasn't actually a good design choice to begin with. The 5 seconds after closing the app are not guaranteed by Apple. However, not to worry because we have a plan for better syncing that will be much better anyway.

Have noticed with the update that sync on exit has gone. Very disappointing although I understand some were having issues.

Perhaps you could have left it as a selectable option?

For a lot of us there was no problem with it. At the very least I think you need to put a static sync button in as it's simply a pain to have to go back and fourth to the main screen - particularly if this isn't the screen you tend to start up on.
Mark

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: How do the new push notifications work?
  • Mark
Posted by Mark:
Posted by Anders:
Did you confirm in the app that you want push notifications, and set iPhone for reminders on the Toodledo reminder configuration page?

Yea. Have reistalled the config file and beta too.
Not a thing.

Interesting, now I just got one. None of the others though just one set in the last five minutes.
Mark

• Mark
Posted by Anders:
Did you confirm in the app that you want push notifications, and set iPhone for reminders on the Toodledo reminder configuration page?

Yea. Have reistalled the config file and beta too.
Not a thing.
Mark

• Mark
Posted by Anders:
Toodledo will have to answer this one I guess. I am beta testing the next version, so can't try the new update. I can tell you (I hpoe Toodledo doesn't mind) that notifications are working very well in the beta.

I beg to differ - I'm on the beta and they're not working at all!

Again, it would be useful to clarify if this is a pro only feature.
Mark

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: Toodledo on the iPhone
  • Mark
Posted by Anders:
See the highlighted post by Toodledo here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/2229/-11112/iphone-30.html

Thank you but this is a week old or more, since then a version has been released that states:

"Toodledo is now fully compatible with iPhone 3.0 and now uses Apples Push Network..."

I'm sure you can see my point about it looking bad?
Mark

• Mark
Posted by BoyOhBoy:
Push is definitely working for me. One of the reminders options on my settings page (http://www.toodledo.com/connect_remind.php) is iPhone, which I selected. On the iPhone app itself, one of the task detail options is alarm from which you can choose timescale ie 15 minutes, 1 day etc.

I've tested it and confirm it's working, although it disappears when another reminder comes in, whether you've seen it or not.

I can confirm that these settings are available and have changed them. However I take it you're on a pro account as the alarm setting on the non-pro is a standard hour.

However this still does not work. I've had a task in for every hour since I update this morning nearly and not once have I received a push notification - yet I have for ebuddy and Tap Tap - so I know my handset is OK.

Are we to take it therefore that push is only a pro feature because if that is the case then I'm unhappy as it doesn't state that on the app store and new buyers won't be impressed either.
Mark

• Mark
Posted by Anders:
Push notifications were never slated for that update which was submitted weeks ago. They are being beta tested right now, and I believe will be in the next update.

Can we perhaps get a consistent answer from the top? Some people are saying it works, most aren't. It's in the AppStore and the app asked you if you wanted to turn it on. It's in the settings and you can choose iPhone in the account notifications settings. This both on the app version and the beta.
Mark

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: iPhone 3.0
  • Mark
Posted by john:
I agree - the description in the app store is misleading since the push feature is not yet included (there is no entry for toodledo in settings->notifications).

I have and an option to choose iPhone on the alerts notifications webpage.
Mark

• Mark
Posted by Anders:
Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that push notifications were not in this update, and were scheduled for the next update.

The Outlook sync tool is not yet able to sync reminders, but that may be added at some point according to the developer. See this thread: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/2296/0/outlook-sync-tool-and-due-time.html

It's on the App Store and the app asks you if you want to switch it on, plus it's in the settings so by all accounts it should be active to the end user.
Mark

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: New iphone sync
  • Mark
Posted by Anders:
Sync on closing was removed due to problems with people using it on slow networks getting duplications, etc. There is a sync button on the top level menu, and Toodledo has plans to implement some sort of active syncing in a future update. I also miss the feature, and wish the sync button were on every page, but really Toodledo was one of the only apps to do that. Most apps just have a button, and maybe sync on opening. It's not as if they've fallen behind the pack with ease of syncing.

Taking a step back on a product that worked for many is, in my eyes at least, worse than falling behind any competitor. As soon as you start to remove features you're falling behind.
Mark

• Mark
Posted by stjames:
Subtask with Due Date are not included in "Due Dates" and "Hotlist"

I just downloaded the new Version 1.5 from the App Store and wanted to check the new Push function.
Appart from Push not seeming to work, i dicsovered, that the Due Dates of Subtasks seem to be ignored in the App.

A Subtask with due Date of today is not displayed in section "Due Date" -> "Today". Neither are dates in the respectivly sections or in the "Hotlist" (with accordingly settings).

This is not the case on the Toodledo Webpage though.

(sorry for the bad english, greetings from germany ;-) )

I think you have great English, certainly better than my German (I've forgotten most of it I'm ashamed to say!)

Push definitely isn't working I can confirm that.

I can't confirm sub tasks though as I'm not a Pro user. I was planning on being one once the update came out but now I'm a touch put off again!
Mark

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: New iphone sync
  • Mark
You're right it has been removed from testing it. This is not good news as there is no sync button easily on show. Most people will struggle to understand the point of the iphone app being able to create tasks if they don't easily sync back.
Mark

• Mark
It's not working, I've set up due dates and times in both the web and handset version and I'm not getting pushed anything.
Mark

• Mark
Posted by Feathers:
I thought an earlier post in this thread said Push was coming in the update after this one. I'd guess they're now enabled for it but haven't implemented yet.

Then really they need to remove the opener in app store about it having push. I already own it but people will be buying the app based on this perhaps and end up giving it negative reviews.

So far push has been a bit of a let down across the board - no apps I've tried seem to pull it off.
Mark

• Mark
Hi

got the new update on app store this morning and I can't say I've seen push work once yet. I've got iPhone selected in my settings and all the flags are on on the iPhone.

Is this working yet?
Mark

Posted Mar 18, 2009 in: Several commands not working on Twitter
  • Mark
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2009
I'm having a real problem getting the Twitter task entry system to work.

for example I want to add a task to call Mum and place it in my folder called Inbox, so I type

d toodledo Call Mum @phone *inbox

What I'm finding is that it either goes in @phone context or folder inbox but never both as I would want and never consistently so I have no idea why this should be.

any ideas?