ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by nfink"
nfink

Posted Sep 20, 2014 in: View by Calendar
Score: 0
  • nfink
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2014
  • Score: 0
Also for those wanting more granularity in the calendar integration, I suggest you download and install the desktop ToodleDo application. From this application you can drag and drop specific tasks onto your iCal calendar. You now have the ability to change them on the calendar since the task is no longer part of the subscription feed.

I absolutely love this feature, because I don't want all my tasks on my calendar. But there are certain tasks I do want there, With ToodleDo's desktop application I can select how much information is pushed to my other tools and prevent self-induced information overload.

Thanks again ToodleDo!!! In my opinion you are doing things just right! :-)
nfink

Posted Sep 20, 2014 in: View by Calendar
Score: 0
  • nfink
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2014
  • Score: 0
Posted by DSM:
I've mentioned this before in other ways as well. In order to get from here to there, the first fundamental step would seem to be for Toodledo to recognize the difference between a task (or to-do item) and an event (or calendar item). Currently, Toodledo has problems when trying to treat tasks as events...

I use ToodleDo and am very happy that to have found a task management tool. It is not an event management or calendar management tool. The makers of ToodleDo realized that tasks can have start dates and end dates, but they don't have to. You do not have to attach a date to your task and this is a wonderful way to approach task management. Some of us just like to look at priorities, not dates. Once you specify a date ToodleDo allows the event of the start date occurring or the end date occurring to be integrated with your calendar management tool. Again just what is needed. ToodleDo doesn't need to re-invent calendar or event management. It only needs to focus on task management and so far it is doing this very nicely.
Thanks ToodleDo!!!

This message was edited Sep 20, 2014.