ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Nuno"
Nuno

Score: 0
  • Nuno
  • Posted: Apr 21, 2009
  • Score: 0
Posted by Jrod:

A little clarification on the folders... right now I am not using the folders at all.

Jrod,
Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge about your GTD implementation with Toodledo (rebranding this great web app name would be nice!!!)

Still regarding the usage of folders, I have a question for you:
According to GTD, Contexts should be used for actionable items. Projects are not actionable items ("you don't do a projects"). Same applies to Someday/Maybe, Read/Review, Waiting For and Agendas lists. Do you have any view why not to use folders instead of contexts for these categories? What would be the impact on your set-up, if any? Do you see any disadvantage on this alternative set-up or any conflict with the sub-tasks feature?

My understanding is that folders, contexts, tags and status are all "labels" that can be applied to tasks, just with different filtering, searching and viewing options. My point is that it should be enough to use two of them for a GTD implementation, i.e. lists of actionable items (called Contexts in GTD) and lists of not actionable items.

I'm starting now with Toodledo, and I had the same issue than you (and many other people):
1) Windows enviroment with Outlook at Office
2) Mac enviroment at home
3) Need for a cross platform task management application, accessible "everywhere" (no, I dont have an iPhone!).

I'm migrating my "non-work-related" projects/tasks from Outlook@Office to Toodledo (also configured according David Allen's proposed GTD configuration for Outlook). I'm keeping all my work related projects/tasks with Outlook (in spite not being possible to easily connect tasks with projects). I have tried briefly RTM (nice User Interface!), but it seems Toodledo can be more flexible (maybe too much flexibility... folders, tags, contexts, statuses can over-complicated any GTD implementation if we try to use all of them at the same time... It will become micro-managing GTD).

I'm still a "Free" user, but I start now to understand the advantages of having the Sub-tasks possibilities given by the "Pro" user (I will consider that upgrade alternative as an option to my implementation... is there a free trial?). I would risk to say, this sub-task alternative, makes Toodledo implementation very similar to Omnifocus (for Mac only), that is most probably the best desktop task management application out there (but limited to Apple enviroment)

Well, I guess I just transformed a simple question in a kind of brainstorming ;-)