ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by digital_carver"
digital_carver

Posted Mar 09, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
The pricing change is a minor issue from my side, but

> Notes / Lists / Outlines / Habits:[...] So, we are hitting pause on developmenting these features.

This part makes me sad. :( I have been using Habits very regularly for a while now, and have recently started using Outlines too and find it very helpful. Toodledo has a simple interface and a reliable backend for these, which cannot be said for alternate services, even if there are many of them.

I would be fine with not having further enhancements to these pages, but in my experience "hitting pause" is usually a prelude to discontinuing the service altogether. Can someone from the Toodledo team give more details on what the further plan regarding these is, and what their life expectancy at this point is?

I had let my Silver subscription expire a while ago and was just about to resubscribe, but if these features are going to die out I'll have to really think about whether it's worth getting the subscription at this point.
digital_carver

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
I'll be honest, when the email about the transition came in, I thought "Oh fudge fudge fudge" (well, I used another word) - I was afraid it had been sold to some mega company that wouldn't care about the users and leave an "our incredible journey" message in a few months.

I'm really relieved and happy to know that it's still in the hands of people who care about the product and its users, and have genuine communication with us (Sam's honesty in saying "I'll go ahead and apologize for any future mistake because we will without a doubt make them" - that's both refreshing and reassuring).

Best of luck to the new team, and I hope the user friendliness (including in politely saying "no" to some feature requests) and honest communication continues in the future.
digital_carver

Posted Jan 17, 2016 in: Can toodledo do this?
Score: 0
> 1. When emails come in (gmail) he can quickly turn it into a task. (He uses task clone) Can I do that with toodledo?

There's probably multiple ways to do this, but one easy way is to use an IFTTT recipe: https://ifttt.com/recipes/search?q=toodledo
digital_carver

Posted Jan 17, 2016 in: 'Habits' have vanished
I have been tracking more than a dozen habits on https://habits.toodledo.com/#/dashboard , but all of them have vanished from the page today. I'd been having Sync issues from the start of the day - no sync was happening between mobile and web versions of Toodledo - and finally tried logging out and logging back in in the hopes of fixing that problem. Instead, it landed me in a dashboard empty of habits. All the sections including 'All habits' and 'Archived habits' (of which I had one) are empty.

(Ironically, it was just today that I took the '5-minute survey', and I'd praised the reliability of Toodledo as its main virtue - just to have this happen on the same day! :)
digital_carver

Posted Dec 03, 2015 in: Quick Add Syntax...
I'd like to bump this up and add one more request for this feature. It's kinda disheartening to see that a request for porting a feature from email to the web UI hasn't been added after years of requests, despite a dev claiming it was a "planned" feature back in 2012!
digital_carver

Something even weirder (and more annoying) seems to be going on. The mobile app actually seems to show every day as the previous day. So when you enter data for "Yesterday (Nov 1)" on the Android app, it actually reflects at "Today" in the Web app. I first thought as you did, that "Today" is just missing, and kept entering data for the days as shown in the app. Now I have a few days of confusingly wrongly entered data.

(And we don't have daylight savings time or any kind of timezone shift here, so I think it's just a universal bug in the app.)

This message was edited Nov 02, 2015.
digital_carver

Posted Oct 24, 2015 in: Exporting historical data from a Habit?
I'm trying to read historical data about a Habit from the "backup" XML file (https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_backup.php) to try and do some geeky processing on them.

The XML format seems readable enough, except for this "value"/"status" distinction. It seems most Habits have "status" as 0, but in some Habits the two fields seem boolean near-inverses of the other. What is the intended meaning of these two data fields in the xml? And is there any difference in that meaning between the various "type"s of Habits?
digital_carver

Posted Aug 28, 2015 in: How to fail a "Number" habit?
I have a "Number"-based habit that I want to mark as not done today. I tried setting it to 0, but that only makes it show under "Completed Habits", and the chain of it is shown with a link in today's place.

Is there any way to mark a number-habit as unfinished for the day?
digital_carver

This is a pretty basic question, but I don't know exactly what terms to use to search for it. Essentially, I'm looking for a way to specify due dates, contexts, etc. in the 'Task' field of the 'Add Task' pane - for eg., "Do XYZ due by tomorrow 5 PM @errands".

I remember using this feature (at least the date and time part) in RememberTheMilk, and it made things much easier. Even if they fields are only a few Tab keys away, it still makes an enormous difference (especially to a touch typist like me) to be able to type it all in one go rather than jump from field to field.

Is there a way to enable this? I vaguely remember something like this being mentioned in the Help pages, but on trying it out Toodledo just saved the text as it is, didn't interpret the due date or time mentioned within the text.