Thanks, Jake. Much appreciated.
Kimo_2

Posted Mar 28, 2017 in: Task / Sub-task Parent Field
Score: 1
  • Kimo_2
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2017
  • Score: 1
Hello,

I was wondering if the developers could add a field/function of "Parent" for tasks and sub-tasks. For those that use sub-tasks (Gold and Platinum users), it would be more helpful to know the direct "parent" (task) rather than the folder the parent task belongs to in the columns of the task/search pages.

I brought this topic up at an earlier time and there seemed to be some enthusiasm about it, but I haven't seen or heard anything since.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jim
Kimo_2

Posted Jan 04, 2016 in: Parent field for Subtasks
Score: 0
  • Kimo_2
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2016
  • Score: 0
As a Gold subscriber, I am having an issue with Subtasks in regards to seeing the Parent Task in a saved search (or any other area in the "Tasks" section). What I think would rectify the issue for me would be to have an available "field" for the Parent Task labeled "Parent" that would be available to for us to choose and add to the field columns that appear when we do a saved search. A "Parent" field does appear in the "Task Details" section of "Subtasks" (on my iOS app), however, there is no such "Parent" field for us to choose for viewing in Tasks/Subtasks on the PC version or the iOS app version. The corresponding Parent folder, which is great to have when viewing the Parent Task info, is often too general to know exactly what Task the Subtask appears under.

Toodledo, can you add a "Parent" field as a choice in "Fields & Defaults" any time soon?

Much thanks for your help.

Jim