ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mz.curlyhead"
mz.curlyhead

Posted Sep 15, 2022 in: Tasks being deleted NOT BY ME
Score: 0
For the last 2 months, I have been feeling like I have things to do but my list doesn't show them (so of course that uneasy "I know I should be doing something but I'm not sure what or maybe it's just a feeling" feeling).

From another forum thread it was recommended to check deleted tasks, which I did and was shocked to see things there that I am SURE that I did not deleted. I use the web-version on my phone because the app has not been syncing well for the last year, so I'm sure there's no way it could have been done accidentally by getting jostled since my phone would be locked.

Once I discovered and restored the tasks, I thought I had resolved whatever weird fluke had happened (user error or system error), but I am still finding that it is happening!

Anyone else?
mz.curlyhead

Posted Feb 09, 2019 in: Saved searches not working
Thank you. The increase was too high for me to renew my membership at this time and I hadn't given a thought to saved searches. Appreciate the info.
mz.curlyhead

Posted Feb 09, 2019 in: Saved searches not working
I can't save updates to my saved searches. In fact, I can't save new searches. Is anyone having this issue?
mz.curlyhead

Posted Nov 01, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 1
Chiming in on the thank you's for moving the Add Task button back to the left. I'd been using Toodledo a bit this morning before I noticed as well, that's how natural it works for my eye. Came back to the forum just to acknowledge and read up. Toodledo's asking and listening to the users' experience really speaks to the integrity of the company.

Any chance of moving the sort/filters to the left too....? Maybe too much to ask for but I figure it's worth the ask.
mz.curlyhead

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 2
Posted by Jake:

Just as a further explanation, the "Add Task" button is in the same part of the screen as the task filters, sort options and action menu, so we didn't feel like we were banishing the button to an unused corner. The upper right corner is where you already go to make changes to your list, so this placement seems logical to us. We understand that there is muscle memory and accustomization that is being disrupted here and we want to be sensitive to this so we are exploring some other options right now.
1) Use the "Quick Add" box to add a task, which is in the same place it has always been, on the left.

Justifying that the Add Task has been moved to the right just like sort/filter options isn't impressive to me because I also strongly dislike that change as noted in another forum conversation! We read from left to right, so everything starts there for me. Having the filter/sort (which I use CONSTANTLY. It's WHY I love Toodledo SO MUCH) and Add Task on the left is the natural place for my eye looking at the list, next to the check boxes. I'm on a laptop with mouse pad, so it's inconvenient for my eye and wrist.

Using Quick Add has no appeal to me. If I don't feel like adding all details during Add Task, I just don't. Which is rare in itself.

I break a mental flow now when I am using Toodledo. It's still the best option, and I'm thankful every day for it. I'm just not impressed by the tweaks. Including making the sidebar icons, but I know I'm the minority on that. So cest la vie.
mz.curlyhead

Posted Oct 08, 2015 in: Breadcrumb Bar Update (part 2)
Score: 1
I hate to say this, by I HATE the changes that so many people say they love. Most weren't that big of a deal, like I don't like the side menu being icons going most of the way down the screen, I liked the text that just took up a few lines. The bread crumb bar is not impressive to me. But they aren't that big of a deal for my productivity.

But moving the sort functions off to the upper right and making them extra clicks, has completely turned me off. I sort and filter CONSTANTLY. Like AS I complete tasks for helping me decide what to tackle next. And to make it "cleaner"? It didn't feel cluttered to me before, it felt like I had the most powerful online tool for organizing my to-do list. The "cleaner" looks just hides functions I want to use and makes it more difficult for me.

I'll be patient to see how the rest of the new changes unfolding is supposed to make this all make sense, because I love toodledo. When I found it, it was like heaven, designed to meet my wildest organization dreams. Now it feels like it's just going to be watered down to be similar to the other ones out there. Better than other ones, but now needing to work to find it's special functions. I feel like the search for the next best thing is gong to be on my list soon. Or maybe in a few weeks, Toodledo will make everything come together, humble pie will never taste so good and I'll eat my ranty words.

P.S. The mobile app is also satisfactory to me. No, it's not the same as the web version, but I don't need to dumb down the web version to make the mobile the same thing.