ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Sean D. Mack"
Sean D. Mack

Posted Nov 06, 2016 in: Feature Request: Mark Goals Complete
Score: 7
I would very much like the ability to mark goals (Short Term, Long Term, and Lifelong) complete.

This was requested as long back as 2012 but there has been no progress on it to date. For reference, the initial post requesting this is at:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/15043/0/goals-expanded.html

Just as it is rewarding to see daily tasks complete we should be able to mark longer term goals complete.

Thanks!
Sean D. Mack

Score: 0
Yes, totally agree with Salgud here. Love the new additional flexibility with the schedule feature but not sure why you didn't just implement it in the same way as repeating tasks. I would like a way to schedule a task every other week, monthly, quarterly, etc.

Posted by Salgud:
Gee, someday maybe (dreaming here :) we could get this kind of improvement for scheduling repeating tasks!
Sean D. Mack

Posted Oct 06, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 4
Definitely like the idea of having integration with tasks into a single view. I like to make an ordered list of actions throughout the day and it is not possible if the Habits are completely separate from the Tasks.

Posted by cj:
I just started using "Habits" and am quite excited about the possibilities. For the past 2-3 years I have been trying to get toodledo to perform like this (the Goal-chains were very lacking), and also have a homegrown spreadsheet to do something similar.

While I have many of the same observations others have had - here are a few (hopefully) new and useful ones ...
(please comment or correct me on anything that might already have a solution etc - it might benefit others to know, too).

#1 - some sort of integration with my tasks.
ie.. the daily habits appearing as a category or something (ie... under "show" - a checkmark for "habits")
this way they can appear every day in my todo list

2. Habit reminders
Working like task reminders - or even better, with some sort of period reminder (remind me 3x a day .. etc)

3. For numeric habits ...
while I am sure there is a roadmap and improvements planned - I would find this more useful if

A. the goal chain was BROKEN for the habit - if I did not reach the minimum numeric goal (or max)
ie... if my goal was to write 1,000 words per day - I might enter 650. While I want the habit to be logged, I did not achieve the goal for the day, and it should be reflected.

ie... if my goal was to eat less than 1,800 calories per day - and I entered 2,000 - I still want to log the number but the goal chain should be broken.

from my observations - the goal chain (and associated metrics) are not broken as long as I enter ANY number. Even when I enter 0 - the habit is marked as completed! (obviously it was not).

B. Do more with numbers in the charts.
ie... allow me to see average/day, min.max etc... (I personally would pay for this as a premium feature)

4. wish-list
the ability to email to complete a habit for the day.
(ie like the way I can email and create a task).

----