ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
jaffamcneill

Posted Sep 29, 2011 in: ThinkingRock versus Toodledo
Score: 3
I'm a big fan of ThinkingRock as in my view it's the best "by the book" implementation of GTD. I particularly love the way you can set up your projects to switch the status of a task to "next action" after you've completed the previous one.
However I gave up on having to carry it around with me on a memory stick (big PITA with corporate networks), when I can get at ToodleDo tasks from just about anywhere. The TR guys need to get it together to synch their stuff with a website, I just can't understand why they haven't done it yet.
jaffamcneill

Posted Sep 14, 2011 in: 0.5 day snooze on Outlook?
Score: 0
I've Googled this without success, so I thought I'd ask the experts here. When an Outlook reminder comes up, and you snooze it for 0.5 days, does anyone know specifically what that does?
jaffamcneill

Posted Sep 14, 2011 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: 1
Yes, I loved the book too. I have actually worked in an aerospace factory, and the book reminded me heavily of the QA procedures there. I have tried, with little success, to implement similar checklists (or "scripts") in IT support, but it's difficult because a) techs hate documenting, because b) they think it detracts from the wonderful creative spirit they express in resetting passwords differently each time. I keep trying to persuade folks by telling them if we just standardise the donkey work it leaves bags more room for that wonderful creativity, but boy it's an uphill struggle.
jaffamcneill

I've tried the instructions for getting the Twitter interface to work, but I'm slightly hampered by not knowing what it's meant to do!
jaffamcneill

Posted Aug 05, 2009 in: firefox add-on
I've just installed the Firefox plug-in under Ubuntu. Awesome! It's just like my iPhone interface, except it's a whole lot faster!
jaffamcneill

Posted Aug 05, 2009 in: Shade orphan tasks?
I'd really like tasks without parents to be distinct from parent/sub-tasks, preferaby by a different background shading. Has anyone thought of a way of doing this?
jaffamcneill

Posted Aug 05, 2009 in: Folder Tabs
Score: 1
Seconded - I'd like this facility too please.

Although another way of going about this could be to make filtering effect the folders tabs? Currently when I go to the tab view and restrict it to my @WORK context, I'm still seeing tabs like CAR (3), and those 3 tasks are for the @HOME context. Could we maybe see only the folders with tasks meeting the current filter, and the count also reflecting this?

Great App, stay ahead of the competition guys.