ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by skasapi"
skasapi

Posted Jul 07, 2009 in: Better handling of subtasks on iPhone
Score: 0
  • skasapi
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2009
  • Score: 0
Good points about the Web version of Toodledo. I'll play around with sorting and filtering and see how it goes. Assigning a 'project' context to the projects might work for me.
skasapi

Posted Jul 07, 2009 in: Better handling of subtasks on iPhone
Score: 0
  • skasapi
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2009
  • Score: 0
I'm relatively new to Toodledo, both the Web site and the iPhone app. The combination overall is effective for me, except for the way the way both handle subtasks.

- On the iPhone, subtasks appear as a sub-selection at the bottom of the screen once a task is opened. The sub-tasks are buried in the menus, but the whole point of sub-tasks is to break down a larger project into manageable tasks. Other apps (such as ToDo, which also syncs with Toodledo...) display the sub-tasks in a link when you select the task. It's much faster and intuitive than clicking through multiple menus. (Incidentally, I prefer ToDo's UI to Toodledo on the iPhone, but it doesn't support stars or tasks status, which is dealbreaker for me)

- On the Web site, there should be a fast way of just viewing the sub-tasks and filtering out the parent (project) tasks. The parent task really isn't a discrete task, so when I want to know "what should I do right now" having the parent task hang around is a real nuisance. I know I can flatten subtasks, but that just creates an explosion of tasks.