ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dr.aarong"
dr.aarong

Posted Jul 11, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
Score: 0
May I recommend a date picker that uses a calendar (or a button that launches one) for selecting dates? We think of dates in a context of a calendar. A calendar that highlighted the current date and allowed the user to click on a date to use would provide the current functionality (the user already sees what "next week" is, etc) but also allow more flexibility with other dates!
dr.aarong

Posted Jul 11, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
ToodleDo is a good way to keep track of notes since the iPhone's notes app is so limited...so it's important to have efficient use of notes. I therefore recommend:
1) please allow us to touch the note text itself to go into edit mode (rather than having to reach up to "edit")
2) when in edit mode, please pop up keyboard immediately
3) when we hit "Save," please close the note (currently we have to hit "Done" after hitting "Save")
4) it would be great to have buttons that add bullet-like characters (eg, "*" and " -") since these are hard to do on the iphone keyboard! (Wouldn't mind true rich text editor, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth :) )
dr.aarong

Posted Jul 11, 2009 in: Iphone app sync
May I strongly recommend shake to sync as an option. At first I hated "shake to ____"...but PI's shake-to-sync ability has me sold on it.

If I enter something and want to be sure that an alarm is going to go off for it, I can shake and know the alarm will be set. I don't have to go to another screen (eg the home screen) to get to the "sync" button (and thus lose my place on the current screen), and there doesn't have to be a sync button on every screen taking up valuable space!
dr.aarong

Posted Jul 05, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
Anders,

Does the iPhone UI support this?: The "Alarm" line in the item properties could have, in addition to the current arrow, an "On/Off" slider to the left of the arrow.

Then, one could immediately see whether an alarm was set, and, if desired, set the alarm with one tap. The arrow would be used only if additional settings were desired.

How great would that be? :)
dr.aarong

Yay! Got my first notification! (Although Apple doesn't let you change the sound and it's very quiet >:( )

Some recommendations:
1) Time zone on ToodleDo: certainly something people need to be warned about first thing when they install the iPhone app! Perhaps tell them what the server's time says on first launch to verify...

2) Wow, I didn't even see "Alarm"! Too bad there are multiple steps to setting an alarm. Consider...
- adding "set alarm" widget on the Due Time screen
- if someone sets alarm and there is no time, Due Time is set to some specifiable default time (really, a widget to set the Due Time should pop up on the Alarm screen if one activates the alarm and no Due Time is specified!)
- a setting whereby the user can specify that an alarm should automatically be set if a Due Time is specified

All of the above would add a lot of functionality.

Great job on this app--I've been using a bunch and think I'm sticking with yours. Buying on my wife's iphone today, too, and you'll probably wind up with two subscribers as well!

I have other recommendations if you are interested and you can tell me where to post them!
dr.aarong

Posted Jul 05, 2009 in: iPhone Push Notifications
Posted by emmotive:
iPhone alarms [...]
Why not wheels with numbers, and another with minutes/hours/days for better flexibility?

Agree, although for specifying a date, a button that allows us to choose a date from a real calendar is FAR preferable! That's how we think of dates!
dr.aarong

Anders, tested notifications (set an hour ahead of 15 min from now and synchronized right after set the due date and time) and didn't get anything (it's hours later) :(

Notifications (all 3 types) are enabled on the iphone side; I said "yes" when asked about notifications for ToodleDo; ToodleDo Reminders/Alarms set to iPhone.

Any recommendations?

This message was edited Jul 05, 2009.
dr.aarong

The app should inform people that notifications are about 1h prior to the due time. I kept testing for the exact time and thought notifications weren't working!
dr.aarong

Posted by Anders:
When you first open the iPhone app, it should ask you if you want to allow notifications.

FYI I'm pretty sure it didn't ask me until the second time I launched the app