Search results for "Posted by "
nickeyk

Posted Aug 22, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
  • nickeyk
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2009
  • Score: 1
Linden:

I got some good insights from your post. For my reading list, the following seems like an approach I will adopt:

A "+Read/review" task in the "Project" folder will hold all the books/articles/manuals that I want to read, but aren't part of a specific project.

During my weekly review, I will then apply @read/review context to the items I want to complete for the next week and mark the first item I am reading with a star.

A document that I need read, which is part of a specific project (e.g. a manual for a setting up DVD player") would go under the specific project, and I can add it to the @read/review context when I decided to get it done.

Jrod:
As for lists, I think I would prefer a separate sub-task for each item. I can then see the items I need to purchase at a glance. I'm still toying with the idea of using a
Store -> Items or Category-> Items hierarchy.

Category seems like a better way to go, with notes detailing the store + any other information. For most items, I should intuitively know where I am going to get it. And I can still place an item in a category if I don't know where to get it yet.
nickeyk

Posted Aug 20, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • nickeyk
  • Posted: Aug 20, 2009
  • Score: -1
Great post Proximo. I've been thinking about my GTD/Toodledo setup for a while and wasn't too sure how to go about it. I am a new GTD-er and have adopted your setup. I've just got a couple of questions:

1) How would you implement lists (shopping lists etc) in your setup? I am using a "Lists" folder and a parent/subtasks to categorise the lists e.g.

+Groceries
- Nuts at Paddy's
- Protein Powder

+Read/Review
- David Allen articles
- Trading Psychology

where "+" is the parent and "-" is the subtask

I also apply the @errands and @read/review contexts, but the @read/review seems redundant now.

2) How do you handle a sub-task in a project that might be more involved than a 1 liner? Do you flatten all the tasks to make sure it fits in a Parent-Subtask hierarchy, or would you do something like

+ Complete Tax Return: Business
- tasks...
+ Complete Tax Return: Personal
- more tasks...

Where "Complete Tax Return" is the main project

This message was edited Aug 20, 2009.
nickeyk

Posted Aug 03, 2009 in: Pro account expiry + subtasks
Score: 0
  • nickeyk
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2009
  • Score: 0
If I have a pro account and it expires, what is going to happen to all the subtasks that I've input?