ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by richardfm"
richardfm

Score: 0
Thanks, That is a way of getting a a task under another task assuming the "project task" already has sub tasks. (Which is often not the case when you are doing a review.)

But does not fit my idea of easy to achieve in anything resembling a GTD workflow.

GTD encourages you to brain dump your stuff then organize it. So if I have a list of tasks many of which need to be organised into projects then what I really need is a list of projects and and the list of tasks and to be able to drag the latter under the former.

Thanks Though.
richardfm

Yeah, I use saved searches on the toodledo site pretty much exclusively. The way I tag everything it's easy to have them setup to view projects and tasks separately but it's really surprisingly hard to add one to the other.

I think this is an area where toodledo is not really gtd compatible. It assumes that you always make tasks in the correct context from the start rather than allowing you to brain dump ideas and lists, then review and process them later. But all it would take to fix is the ability to look at multiple saved searches at once and drag tasks from one to the other.
richardfm

How can I easily add a task to another task that is not on screen?

e.g. I have a list of tasks i'm looking at and think "Oh this task is really a sub-task of another one" but the "other one" is nowhere in sight but I need a way to have the 2 together on the same screen in order to drag the one under the other or have a breakout window that allows me to select which task it should be added to.

There are a couple of android apps that offer a breakout window like this but they are a bit clumsy, it should really be possible on the toodledo page.

Ideally i'd be able to have a split window with a search for my projects on one side and a search for tasks on the other. possible?

Thanks!