ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by chrisbenascomput"
chrisbenascomput

Posted Dec 20, 2011 in: Using assignor....
Score: 0
Many many problems....

First about the documentation :
1/ When I type "Assignor" in the help, there is NO answer from your help desk...
2/ In the forum, some of the administrators answer about a question on assignor, that I have to use the collaboration tool... BUT When I look on the tools provided by toodledo... No collabration tool... And again no answer in the help desk for the word "collaboration"

Second about the assignor use :
I just want to set some people somewhere in toodledo (where do I have to set them ?) and assigne them to some tasks... How can I do that
That should be anyhow very simple... But there is no help !

Addendum : in my view, these people to whom I assign tasks, are not supposed to have a separated toodeldo account : I just assign these tasks as a reminder only for me.
chrisbenascomput

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Delete several tasks at once
I have got a big sunc pb, happily I have a backup... But I need to delte ALL my tasks et restart correctly... I haven't found any way...

There should definitely be a "select all" button
chrisbenascomput

Posted Jul 06, 2010 in: Set a date in an exprt file
Hello, I have had some crashes, then I export and saves regularly my data base... But the name is allways the same ! Then, to avoid deleting a previous one (I like to have some 3-4 bacups) I have to manually change the name of the export file.
This wouldn't have to be done if the export name was something like "toodeldo 2010 - 4 - 23" (invert date for an easy sorting)
in the directory.

Big thanks !
chrisbenascomput

Posted Jul 05, 2010 in: Automatic backup?
Hello,

I have just made a big mistake... Deleting items I wasn't thinking I could / would / can delete... !

Happily, I have some printing, I guess I will need some hours but everything is not lost !
Well, this is computing, it happens, and we are so happy when some backup are there.

But such backups must be automatic, or we forget.

The, here is my proposal :
* May on the pro account, offer the possibility to have 2 -3 automatic backups from the 2-3 last days (or weeks !). And to make it OK, the recovery MUST be for 1 folder only (as often the pb is only on a part of the data base )
* Also, as much important, I MUST be able to set the direction of a syncing.
For instance in my case, I have unhappily deleted a folder in 2do... I don't know why -this is computing- I have got confused and I have synced it with toddeldo... Result : the folder is also lots in the todledo web !
BUT, but but, the data base has still the old folder in the iphone todledoo ! And now is the point : I don't know how to force the sync from the iphone todledoo to the web todledoo, to have my folder correctly back (and then I will have to force back from todledoo web to the 2do iphone !)

Big thanks !
chrisbenascomput

And one more regarding the sub taks : presently in the hidden filter, if I want to see the subtaks in the iphone, I have to do 2 taps to go (and may be a movement if I have wished many fields to be displayed), and 2 taps to come back : this far too much !

Then, woldn't be possible to make activ the icon that indicates it is an upper-task, and by cliquing on it, to display immediately the subtasks.
And when when coming back, whatever the way we have entered in the subtasks, just go back directly to the upper-tasks, not showing its fielfs !

Big thanks !
chrisbenascomput

Also, another "must have" for the task subtasks :

If the date of the upper task is not set at the uper-task level, the date that is displayed for this upper-task should be the first date along all the subtasks.

I am just discovering toodledo, and it look very fine inmany way... Except the subtask matter !
Please compare with 2do for instance : they are doing much much better, and the way 2do does it shows it is possible !
chrisbenascomput

Posted Jul 03, 2010 in: iPhone subtask not showing
Well, I have got another idea, as this way of not showing (in fact : many) subtask as soon as the filter is on "hidden" is really a big burden, even on the web browser :

Even if it less important on the browser as the interface is easier, le pb is the same : or I display everything and have a very very long useless list, or not everything is displayed.
Also, another big burden : no way to know easily what is showed/hidden when changing the filter !

Then I may have some final good proposition to solve that. It would consist in offering another option where :
* if the upper-task is in the view, as presently, the subtasks can be displayed
* but even when the upper task is not in the view, if the subtask should be in the view, just display it as a flattened one, may be with a - or a / to show that it is a subtask of another undisplayed upper-task.
chrisbenascomput

Posted Jul 03, 2010 in: iPhone subtask not showing
Hello, I have seen a big pb due to the fact that iphone and a web browser do have very different screen size !

On the web browser, if some filters result in hidding some items, it is quite OK as :
* It is displayed that "due to the filter, all the items are not showed"
* The filters are ALLWAYS visible at the top of the windows and can easily be changed

BUT, but, but, on the iphone the same philosophie is kept, which have very bad side effects :
* It is still displayed that some items are hidden, but with grey colour on heavy blue... Very difficult to see at a glance !
* Much much more, changing the filter needs at least 3 taps (often more !), and the filter (as for the webbrowser) are set for ALL the screens...

An example of the BIG pb I meet, and I don't see how to solve it :
* I have many tasks that I have then organized them with subtasks,
* then I have set the filter to "display indent subtasks"
* But then, when on some view (contexts...) only some subtask should appear, they does NOT appear.
If I am on the browser, it is OK and quick to change the filters
BUT if I am on the iphone, it is very complicated to change the filter...

On the iphone, there are then 2 choices impossible :
* Display ALL the tasks and subtasks flattended, so that I am sure to display everything... But the list is TOO long to be usefull
* Display the taks with indented subtasks (then the list is short enough to be usefull) But some subtasks will never be displayed....

This is not a computing bug, but a very big functionnal bug !

Thanks to change that. I feel there couls be 2 ways :
* The best of course : display subtasks when requested, be the upper task displayed or not !
* setting some filter options that are linked to each screen : may be too complicated ?

Thanks !
chrisbenascomput

The topic "subtasks numbers in column" was set 1 year ago and is now closed, that's why I open it again.
In this old topic, Toodeldoo moderator said that if the mouse is let above, toodledoo displaysthe number of the tasks... But it is not at all what is wished, as displaying a column gives a global view ans allows sorting.

Second : colour of the icon what "above-tasks" : presently this icon has nearly the same colour as a ormal task... Then it is really not at all easy to see them in a just quick look ! Please give it a flashy way !
chrisbenascomput

YES YES YES

Todeldoo is great (I have tried someother because of these 2 BIG defects listed in the initial post... But I came back to todledoo, too much good other stuffs)

But these 2 defects are real very big ones... Please, can you tell us if, and when you plan to modify them (in the iphone app at least ! )

Thanks
chrisbenascomput

Posted Sep 19, 2009 in: New features !
Well, 2 more (in iphone) :

1/ There MUST ABSOLUTELY be a full text searching : I have tried to find a task through a word I remembered was in the note.... And the task wasn't found n!

2/ What about URL and phone link (as possible fields... Not only in the note) ?

Thanks !
chrisbenascomput

Well, one more add for iphone app :

when I read the titke of a task, I would enjoy taht if I let my finger for a short duration -say 2 sec- on the task, something happens (defined in the pref) for me, it would be "show directly the note of this task" as otherwise, there is too much movement to do to read it easily.
chrisbenascomput

Hello,

Vezry nice app... I post here some idea for new features... I haven't found another specific place to post that kind of comment.

Then, here it is (all for the iphone app) :
1/ Very important : I would greatly appreciate that the tags are recorded, not to have to re-type them every time !...

2/ Offer the possibility (as in younote lite) to record speach, photo, drawing and internet, not only typed notes...
And also record the planned location, so that I can know which tasks has to be done around the place I am

Thanks !