ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Lew Proudfoot"
Lew Proudfoot

Posted May 21, 2010 in: Statistics - Again
Score: 0
Frist: I love this system, and use it all day, every day - and recommend it to my friends, too.

I am interested in a couple of upticks on statistics - I REALLY need 'when created.' I want to keep track of how long it takes to go from when I decided I needed to do something to how long it took to actually do it. I also can use that to have a hard look at things that have been hanging around for a while - is it time to decide I'm NOT going to do that?

Second - way second - date of last state transition. that's so I can take out 'wait' time from the amount of time I took to do something.

I tried text, XML, and CSV, but none of them showed me the creation data.

Again, thanks for the great tool!!!

Lew
Lew Proudfoot

Posted Apr 08, 2010 in: Deferred tasks in booklet
Another vote for being able to take deferred tasks out of the booklet - I can't use the booklet as an action item list, because there are things on the list that are NOT action items.

I use my iPhone instead, since I can apply filters to it.

Thanks - I am organizing my life around this - keep up the good work!
Lew Proudfoot

Posted Mar 12, 2010 in: SMART Goals and this great tool
Sounds like you're doing a great job - you noticed you were not getting the results you wanted and changed how you're doing things, that's great!

I'll just keep trying stuff!
Lew
Lew Proudfoot

Posted Mar 11, 2010 in: SMART Goals and this great tool
I agree, SMART is best used when thinking about projects in the first place - and for deciding whether to pursue a goal/project in the first place, that's the realistic and timely part.
In the beginning, you use it to set the plan - but during execution, it's also used to make sure you can see the forest, the top goal, the vision, and not get lost in the tangle of day to day activity. So my thought is to be able to have that vision and the decision making process behind it readily available for both weekly review (are the tasks i'm adding really getting me to the goal?) and also for those moments of doubt: "Why am I doing this again????"
Lew Proudfoot

Posted Mar 10, 2010 in: SMART Goals and this great tool
I really love working with this tool, and am getting a great deal out of it. I especially like that realization that I've just spent two hours working hard at something that's NOT on the list! why am I doing it, if it's not important enough to put on the list? I learn a lot from that internal discussion.

Anyway, I am adding some more insight into goal setting (which works out to project decisions, of course). A technique I've used many times before is the SMART goal technique, especially the 'tangible' part, where I set a specific vision of the outcome I'm looking for. Has anybody developed a method for SMART goals in Toodeldo? All I can think of is using the notes option, or setting up a folder for SMART goal generation.

Any thoughts?
Lew Proudfoot

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: Broken hangul(korean language)
I have several tasks in Korean, learning for my partner. The tasks show up on the website and on my iPhone in Korean (hangul), but the .pdf has ??? instead of the correct characters.

Love the tool - would like this one fix!
Thanks
Lew