ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by bwheeler350"
bwheeler350

Posted Mar 11, 2018 in: Task View filtering broken
Score: 0
Same here. Tasks with start date of tomorrow are displayed today despite application of filter to hide future tasks. Daylight Savings Time started overnight, but this seems to be an error applied to the next full 24 hours. Did someone set the system clock ahead 1 day instead of 1 hour? Tasks with start dates further into the future than tomorrow are still hidden.
EDIT TO ADD: I have submitted a bug report ticket.

This message was edited Mar 11, 2018.
bwheeler350

Posted Jul 25, 2017 in: Edge browser not connecting
Thank you.
bwheeler350

Posted Jul 25, 2017 in: Edge browser not connecting
Addendum:
If I use a favorite link in Edge to go to the ToodleDo Forums, I arrive signed in.

If my first next action is to click on the ToodleDo icon in the upper left, I just get the spinning activity icon without connecting and without getting an error page.

If my first action is to hover over the ToodleDo drop down menu icon and click on the checkmark icon for tasks, I also get the spinning activity icon without connecting.

If my first action is to click the down arrow on the ToodleDo drop down menu and click on the Tasks option, I also get the spinning activity icon without connecting.

If my first action is to click on the down arrow on the ToodleDo drop down menu and click on the Notes option, the same thing happens.

BUT, if my first action is to click on the down arrow of the ToodleDo drop down menu and click on the Outlines option, I immediately arrive at the Options section. If I instead click on the Lists option, I immediately arrive at the Lists section. If I instead click on the Habits option, I immediately arrive at the Habits section.

THEN, once I have arrived at the Outlines section or the Lists section or the Habits section, I am then able to use the ToodleDo drop down menu to select Tasks, and I immediately arrive at my Tasks section.

BUG identification can be tedious. Hope this more detailed investigation helps you make a repair in the code. Meanwhile, I have seem to have found a work-around that lets me use multiple clicks (that should not really be necessary) to get to my Task list. Or I can switch to one of the other browsers, But I suspect ToodleDo probably would want to be functional in Edge along with the other browsers.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2017.
bwheeler350

Posted Jul 24, 2017 in: Edge browser not connecting
If I use a (fortunately) saved bookmark link that goes directly to the ToodleDo Forums, Edge connects promptly. Once at the forums, I can use the ToodleDo menu to select Lists or Outlines, and even my Tasks.

However, when I use my Favorites bookmark to go directly to the ToodleDo Tasks section, Edge still has the spinning activity indicator without making the connection. The address bookmarked in my Edge favorites is: http://tasks.toodledo.com/main/-9
That is identical to the link Chrome uses successfully.

Let me know if more diagnostics would help.
bwheeler350

Posted Jul 23, 2017 in: Edge browser not connecting
I use ToodleDo multiple times per day. Recently (a week or more maybe, not sure of exact onset), the Edge browser (Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0 Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393) consistently fails to connect to ToodleDo (http://tasks.toodledo.com/main/-9). The activity icon in the upper left hand corner rotates for multiple minutes without connecting and without generating an error page either (I've let it run up to 25 minutes), which seems odd.

Internet Explorer 11, FireFox, and Chrome all connect promptly. I run LastPass add-in for Edge, IE, and FireFox. Thought this worth reporting so you can double check. I would rather not have to remember to switch browsers just to see my Task list.
bwheeler350

Filtering, sorting, and add new task all seem faster than earlier version. Welcome improvement.

Hope for saved filter/sort sets before too long, but recognize the energy that had to be diverted to the ipad platform. Thanks for the update.
bwheeler350

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: iPhone app updated to version 1.5.7
Thank you for changing the filtering to show the checkmarked items, and for adding the check all/uncheck all buttons. Now filtering works the way Excel and other applications do.

There is enormous power in being able to have easy filtering on "filters" (completed, priority, future, status, subtasks), contexts and tags when using the iPhone app instead of the web site. I am finally feeling fee to use ToodleDo more comprehensively. The initial post about this upgrade was so low key I almost missed what a major impact this will have.

Eventual addition of saved filters will be the icing on the cake (I know it is on your development list). Appreciate your good work.
bwheeler350

Posted by Toodledo:
I hear you. I'll see what I can do.

But you have to admit that having a context filter (even with 11 clicks) is better than no context filter at all, so we are making progress. If it is too frustrating to use, please ignore this new feature until we have a chance to tweak it.

Good progress and much appreciated. For an example of a common approach to filtering, look at Excel. That is an interface very familiar to hundreds of thousands of users across the world:

Autofilter applied to a range of values gives the user a set of drop down arrows for each column. The drop down provides a set of checkboxes for the user to indicate what to show (or hide). The checkboxes autopopulate as the distinct values found in the column. The user can select all (show all) with one click (displays as all boxes checked), or enable more selective filtering by clicking to select some. Then clicking a few of the many boxes sets the filter to just show the items that are checked and hide the rest that are unchecked. It also allows filtering for blanks, or by simple expressions (e.g. greater than, less than, top 10, ...). Users familiar with this convention find the current ToodleDo implementation inverted to expectation.

Eventually, it would be great to have that degree of flexibility in ToodleDo for all folders/contexts/goals/etc (all grouping categories), with ability to save sets of filters across various catgegories for easy re-use allowing user-defined names (like saved searches - yes, already on your to do list to expand this), best with some on-screen indicators indicating which filters have been applied, and ideally available both on the web page and iPhone.

Maybe that can be developed incrementally (if you can't just take care of it this weekend).

This message was edited Jan 15, 2010.