ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
michaelkuban

Posted Jan 04, 2010 in: Goals: How do you use them?
Score: 1
now for thinking how to do this - the three levels of goals are quite nice and the fact that they somehwat link is good, THOUGH I CANNOT LOCATE THE CHAIN VIEW SO IF YOU HAVE HELP THERE..... the other issue I have is that WHAT WE REALLY NEED is ability to view all things underneath a the goal levels, if I create a Lifetime goal then a Long term goal then a short term goal and then create projects and tasks underneath, when I do a view of the top layer goal I want to see all tasks in the chain. Does that make sense?

I use Lifetime Goals as my key areas of focus
Spiritual, Family, Professional, Personal, Friends (1 to 7 max)

Then I use Long Term goals for areas of focus with in the above, example, for Family.....
- as a Husband
- for my Wife
- for my kids
- my stewardship
- as a brother
etc.

Then use Short Term goal to create areas of focus in the my roles
example, -my Stewardship.....
- Take car of my home
- take care of finances
- take car of cars

Then I use projects, ticklers and actions (note projects=multiple actions to complete, ticklers=regular actions dated, actions=one off individual actions (which is what will also be under projects)
example, - take care of my car.....
- Wash my car(TICKLER on repeated weekly basis)
- Get new stereo (PROJECT with multipl ations)
- Get new winshield wipers (ACTION, though some may make this a project, ie. go to store, take old off...too much for me)

anyways long note, and I am still working this out but this is the path I am taking it.

Opinions?

Example
Lifetime Goal (1 - 5 key areas of focusi = Family
Long Term Goal = Wife
Short Term Goal =
michaelkuban

Posted Jan 04, 2010 in: Goals: How do you use them?
Score: 0
It seems to have been awhile since anyone has jumped in here. I have lightly used goals in todo but with the new year I need to get a handle on this. Minor food for thought, I have played with planning, goals, tools etc for so many years it got boring, then life became disjointed and well, crap....Point is that no matter what you do you NEED TO DO IT and not stop. sorry that is my steam blowing off.