ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
alanzeke

Posted Jan 07, 2010 in: task list flooded !
Score: 0
  • alanzeke
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2010
  • Score: 0
To start again with a blank canvas, click on "Account Settings" and scroll to the bottom. You'll find an option to delete all tasks.

Hope this helps!
alanzeke

• alanzeke
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2010
Sounds good. Thanks for the reply!
alanzeke

• alanzeke
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2010
I have a conceptual/design question. Notebooks currently use the same folder field as tasks, but at first glance it seems like that will rarely be the right thing.

Notebooks and tasks are very different types of data, and will often need very different organizational systems. To offer an extreme example, Proximo's GTD method uses a small number of folders reflecting GTD status flags: Active, Waiting for, etc. You will never want to organize your text files that way. Even with less extreme examples, there is still no reason to assume that every user will organize their to-do's (actionables) into the same categories they use for Notebooks (basically a miniature document file system). In fact it would be pretty surprising if they all did.

Shouldn't notebooks use some separate organizational category ("file cabinets" or whatever) rather than trying to re-use the same folder choices from the to-do list?

This message was edited Jan 06, 2010.
alanzeke

• alanzeke
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2010
Good to hear. Thanks for the reply!
alanzeke

Score: 2
  • alanzeke
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2010
  • Score: 2

Context has a specific meaning for GTD folks, and stuff like "project" and "personal" isn't it. The context field is perfect the way it is.
alanzeke

• alanzeke
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2010
New user here, just learning the ropes! Have a problem and hope someone can offer advice.

Every time I click into my Notebook list, Toodledo instantly expands all the folders, even if I have collapsed them manually before. Obviously this makes it much less useful to organize notebooks into folders, since I have to scroll through the whole list every time regardless, or else collapse the other folders by hand YET AGAIN.

Is there some way to have the Notebook list remember its state (which folders were collapsed, and which were expanded)? Or at a minimum, an option to make all the folders collapsed by default when viewing the Notebook list?

Notebooks would be enormously more useful if the folders didn't re-expand themselves constantly!

This message was edited Jan 04, 2010.