ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
davidlmontgomery

Score: 1
Posted by Toodledo:
This can be found in your account settings under "Row Style".

Thanks for responding, but I haven't been able to find the answers to my questions there. I wrote:

I wasn't able to find help for the row styling. In particular I'm wondering how the due date styling works ... I'm guessing that it turns red everything within N days, where N is ~14. Is that right? If so, what is N? And is there ayway to change N?

What I see under account settings for row style are two dropdowns ... one to let me choose whether completed tasks are dimmed, which doesn't seem relevant, and the other to choose whether the Title is styled with duedate, or with priority.

My questions are about the specifics of what happens when I choose Title styled by duedate ... how it functions, and what N is, if I've guessed right about how it functions.
davidlmontgomery

Score: -1
I wasn't able to find help for the row styling. In particular I'm wondering how the due date styling works ... I'm guessing that it turns red everything within N days, where N is ~14. Is that right? If so, what is N? And is there ayway to change N?
davidlmontgomery

Score: 0
Something else that would improve the "add subtasks" layer for me: if it did not appear immediately over where the current subtask list is (when that list is shown with the "Indented" display option.

When I am adding subtasks, especially adding multiple subtasks, I want to be able to view the current subtask list. It reminds me of things I want to enter, and seeing it I'm less likely to enter something that is already there.
davidlmontgomery

I have a suggestion for two minor tweaks that I think would improve the "add multiple tasks..." functionality.

I would like it if when the focus is on this "add multiple tasks..." link I could press the spacebar or enter to have the effect of clicking on the link.

Often I'll start off typing a task, entering the task description, and then I realize I want to take advantage of the add multiple task function. I can hit "tab" to get to that link, but I can't "click" it without using the mouse. I'd like to stay with the keyboard by hitting the spacebar or enter.

Although enter would change the behavior from the normal "add" functionality, it would have few downsides. If a user hit enter while the focus was there and really just meant to add the task, then they can hit tab and enter and be on their way. But if you are concerned about this, then the spacebar would be fine.

Without this, it seems to me there is no reason to have this link at this point in the tab order. During normal task entry it means you just need to hit tab more times to edit the other fields, and landing on it in the tab order isn't helpful since you'll have to grab the mouse to do anything.

In fact my first encounter with the new features, before I saw the tweet announcing them, was to notice I was now having to hit tab twice more to get from task description to context. That's a (tiny) anti-feature, and I was going to suggest moving both of the new links elsewhere in the tab order. For me what would be ideal would be this tab order: Cancel, import tasks..., Add multiple tasks..., Task description. Then 1) these power features wouldn't slow down normal task editing, 2) Add multiple tasks... (my favorite and most common) would be one-keystroke away with shift-tab, and 3) if Cancel also responded to the spacebar or enter or some keystroke (with focus), it would become usable from the keyboard.

Thanks for considering the suggestions, and many thanks for a great product that I rely on every day!
davidlmontgomery

Posted May 21, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
Score: 2
As a developer, I can absolutely appreciate what you are talking about.

Congratulations on completing the work and making the switch seamless for the end-users.

I'm happy for myself, too, because I know this sort of reorganization and clean-up can make a big difference in your ability to add things going forward.
davidlmontgomery

Posted Apr 14, 2010 in: "esc" should function as "cancel"
I want this, too.
davidlmontgomery

Posted Apr 11, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Thanks kpremote. I'm giving it a try.
davidlmontgomery

Posted Apr 10, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Anyone using a Proximo-like set up and also using the Android Got To Do app? I'm curious how well they go together.

Thanks,
David
davidlmontgomery

Posted Apr 09, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Thanks Stan for your reply. After reviewing that, I'm still thinking that putting everything on a single page may work well for me. I'm going to give it a try.
davidlmontgomery

Posted Apr 08, 2010 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
I'm in the process of switching to a set up akin to Proximo's.

I'm not sure I understand the reason for having separate folders for (singleton) Actions and (multistep) Projects. I'm not seeing the problem with keeping all these actions in the same folder.

For example, I could have a folder Items, which would hold all my actions and projects. Projects and singleton actions would be tasks, and the steps of a project would be subtasks. Using the indented subtask view, all the subtasks appear under their project. Sorting the view by Task/Subtask I see first all my projects gathered together (under Parents), followed by the singleton actions (under Tasks). If I want to see a list of my projects, I can click hidden for subtasks, and the Parents division will now show a list of Projects.

My projects and actions are still separated, but they are both on the same scrollable page. One advantage is that it is easier to make a singleton action a subtask, since I don't have to change its folder.

What are the disadvantages to using a single folder?

Thanks for your comments,
David

This message was edited Apr 08, 2010.
davidlmontgomery

Posted Jan 19, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
I also appreciate you adding this feature.

I want to note one drawback I'm seeing with my list. When adding a task, it used to be I could tab through the fields I display, and hitting tab from the Tags field would take to my next (and last) field, Notes. This no longer works for me.

I've found this workaround: hit enter when finished with the tags popup (which puts the focus on the Add button), and then hit shift-Tab to go back to the Notes.