Search results for "Posted by ethan"
ethan

Posted Apr 06, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
Score: 0
  • ethan
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2010
  • Score: 0
Jeff,

Thanks for catching that - I'll fix it in the next version which will be out in a few days. If you think of any other things that aren't working quite right (I know there are a decent amount of bugs right now), let me know over at http://forum.toodler.surfsurge.net (just to avoid clogging up this forum.)
ethan

Posted Apr 05, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • ethan
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2010
Haeff: Looking forward to seeing your app. I don't know if you'd be interested but we could collaborate on this since we both understand the API and webOS but there are a lot of features to cover in the app. I've already set up a Subversion server to share code and a Redmine server for tracking issues and roadmaps because I use the same software for other apps that I'm working on collaboratively.

Levi: I've been thinking about implementing the ability to save searches on the client. You would have to set them up separately on the client, since as you point out the SDK doesn't include saved searches, but it would provide the same functionality. Would that be helpful? Or would it only be helpful if the saved searches were sync'ed automatically?
ethan

Posted Apr 03, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • ethan
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2010
I recently posted a beta webOS client for Toodledo.com called Toodler on the app store. You can access it on your phone or computer at: http://developer.palm.com/webChannel/index.php?packageid=com.wozware.toodler

It syncs with your toodledo.com account, and supports most of the basic features of Toodledo. By default it syncs when you every hour while it is running, and on startup, and you can sync manually as well.

I'm very open to suggestions, and I do plan to continue adding features such as reminders on the phone, ability add/edit/delete folders, contexts, and goals, support for tags and notes, and more. Please visit http://forum.toodler.surfsurge.net for questions and discussion, and I'll keep an eye on this thread as well.
ethan

Posted Mar 01, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • ethan
  • Posted: Mar 01, 2010
I think a native app offers benefits such as:
- speed
- ability to use it while not on the network
- reminders on the phone
- better sorting and filtering (sub-sorts and filtering by more than one criteria)
- ability to remove and edit folders, contexts, and goals, and more.

That said, the mobile site is pretty nice too.
ethan

Posted Feb 26, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • ethan
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2010
Joel,
I've also started playing around with creating a Toodledo client for webOS. I've got the basics of syncing via the API figured out but haven't done much on the front end, so I wonder if you'd be interested in joining forces on this project.

-Ethan