ForumsNewsSome unexpected downtime

Some unexpected downtime
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 31, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
We just experienced some unexpected downtime lasting about 20 minutes. We are now back up and running, but we are 1 server short at the moment so things may be a little sluggish until we can get the failed server back online. This should take no more than a few hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 01, 2011
Everything is back to normal now. We'll be monitoring it carefully over the next few days to make sure.
jahesq

I am unable to add tasks. Clicking the Save button does nothing.

DISREGARD -- It's working now.

This message was edited Nov 01, 2011.
Salgud

I just added (and deleted) a task with no problem.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 3 Reference
The problem was that a spam-bot found its way into Toodledo and was adding thousands of tasks per minute to hundreds of fake Toodledo accounts. Why? I don't know. This was compounded by the fact that we had an improperly sized hard drive partition which ran out of space due to the extra task data, which crashed our database.

We quickly fixed the hard drive/database problem and then spent the rest of the night putting better monitoring and limits in place. The 20,000 task/account limit that we have advertised forever is now a hard limit. Before today, it was not strictly enforced. Also, if your account has over 40,000 tasks, it has been locked and you will need to contact us to get back into it. I don't think any real person has this many tasks. Also, the "add multiple tasks" form has been restricted to 100 tasks at a time, down from 500. This may be a temporary change. I don't know yet.

Everything is back to normal and we are working to put better protections in place to prevent this from happening again in the future.

This message was edited Nov 01, 2011.
Salgud

Score: -1 Reference
Thanks for keeping us posted.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.