ForumsNewsFancy interactive graphs

Fancy interactive graphs
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 05, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Like most companies, we do not release our roadmap for the future. There are many good business reasons for not doing this, that I have explained many times before, so I wont repeat myself.

As I always have, I am going to continue to listen to all of your suggestions and use them to prioritize our roadmap, but occasionally, I may do something totally crazy and spend a little bit of time working on something that I personally find enjoyable and interesting. I am terribly sorry.
PeterW 

Posted: May 06, 2012
Posted by Mark.M:
I've seen comments in the past from TD administrators that indicate that they do not want to be 'pressured' by their customers to deliver, by making any commitments of any specific future development roadmap. And when I see those comments, I wonder if I shouldn't be looking for another task management support, because that doesn't sound like a business philosophy at all.

Agreed. It's the reason I've wandered away from Toodledo (although I still drop in here to the forums for the discussion albeit less frequently as time goes by). There were some basic features that I really wanted but after more than two years here, I could read between the lines that they would be unlikely to ever happen. And the iOS app hasn't progressed fast enough either (in my view).
JCarl

Score: -1 Reference
I am curious how many customers really want features seen in much more expensive collaboration software at the cost of Toodledo. I have demo'd and tried packages costing $30-$50 per month compared to free-$29.95 per year. How many people would be in favor of no free edition and say a doubling or tripling of the other two price categories so Jake could hire resources to turn around some of the more popular requests. This software is one of the best "values" on the market. The problem is that it is so good at so many things that it beats more expensive software except for a few critical items such as collaboration, notification etc. I for one would pay prices like I suggest to help Toodledo become the best of all. How many of the rest of you would. I have a question for Jake. What percentage of your users use this software for free, $19.95, $29.95. If you can give percentages I don't think it discloses gross revenues but might show how many people complain about something that is being provided for free.
JCarl

Score: 2 Reference
If I were Toodledo I would ask a marketing professional if they have the right price structure to be a profitable company while satisfying their customers. Maybe free subscriptions should only be for a 6 month trial period.

One man's thoughts
Mark.M

I second the comments above -- I am not put off by the pricing of TD. Actually, I would pay more (as I have for other products).

Other competitive products have pricing models that have more steps than 'free', $19/year and $29/year', based on a sliding scale of feature sets.

If TD maintains a low-cost entry point for some of its market, why couldn't it offer a more 'loaded' version of the product for a higher fee? I'm a huge fan of 'pay to play' systems like that. Then some of the 'higher value' features are available for a cost to those users who want/need them.

I don't use this software to plan my grocery shopping list... I use it to help me generate business revenue as a sales and marketing consultant. I manage my business, client projects, sub-contractor commitments, etc. using TD. If it helps me do that better (with increased feature sets), I would consider some increase in cost as a solid business investment.

I know that some people will not want to agree with me, but they can remain with a current feature sets for the 'free', $19/yr, or $29/year.

If budget restrains the development cycle, then let's consider the reality of growth through customer funding. I'd double (or triple) my annual commitment to TD if some key features were added to the product that could increase my productivity (and hence my revenue).

Who do I make the check out to?!? Or, do we have any angel investors in the room?

This message was edited May 06, 2012.
greginfla_

Sorry to be redundant, but user supported ($) voted priority list would be awesome. Doesn't mean the developer has to act on the list but a clear direction from the users would be known.

"Have you consider my post back in December about users voting on the issues they would like to see?

An additional argument for this feature, is to allow only pro user the ability to vote. Adding this feature at a subscription level would add an ownership/stakeholder element to the program.

Here is my December post:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/13539/0/vote-for-your-favorite-feature-request.html

Here is a direct link to the waze user suggestion page

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225-cartouche-map-editor-and-waze-com-website

Here is my December post:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/13539/0/vote-for-your-favorite-feature-request.html

Here is a direct link to the waze user suggestion page

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225-cartouche-map-editor-and-waze-com-website "
vivendom.budget

After 20 years experimenting with several expensive management tools in 3 or 4 diferent companies, finally we decide to use Toodledo for managing our 12 people team, because of a simple but very important reason: It works !

Jake & Co, let me encourage you to continue developing what for a lot of people is the best task managing tool now.

Just let me suggest that in order to avoid misunderstandings and to permit us to take on account future improvings it will be very usefull to briefly know your High Level Road Map. For me you don't need to publicate votations, rankings,..... from the users. The final decision is only yours and after all, in my opinion, you are doing it so well.

Kind regards.
Joan
garyo

Posted: May 07, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
I use TD for managing my home life and my business, and have turned on many other folks to it. I'm a pro subscriber. I sync my Android to it as well. There is no question in my mind as to the value of the product, regardless of future direction. I am a 100% locked-in customer and loving it.

I don't care about the new graphs, the new slim site, iOS, nor a bunch of other things. And yes, I have itches I'd like scratched - plenty of them. But given the price/value relationship I am again extremely satisfied with current progress.

Also, I've seen enough companies go down the tubes because the professionalized what had been done through passion that I'm not anxious for TD to repeat that. Just a long-winded way of saying, keep up the good work.
kwimmer

Posted: May 07, 2012
If you could add the ability to show the tasks that are indicated by the data points that would be great. Even useful for finding those outliers. Thanks. I like the new statistics.
clango

Posted: May 08, 2012
Thank you for the several improvements of the last months.

More graphs could help to analyse better our performance but I liked more the simple and fixed old one! Why? It worked not as an analyser of my productivity but as a praise looking at the different trend.

Would be possible restore it leaving the other new ones?
apatel_1333019978

Posted: May 08, 2012
IMHO, this is a great product. And a great value. I don't believe it is a pet project. And, frankly, even if it was, I wouldn't care. It meets our needs perfectly. Please don't change the UI. It is simple and flexible, which is very hard to achieve in a software. Please continue the good work. Thank you.
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted: May 09, 2012
Thanks for the new graphs! I like look at my workload graphically quite often to gain a little perspectivc.

My experience in software development says "for everything you build, you realise two new things you should build". That is: the backlog grows bigger the more features you put into a product.

This happened with the graphs as well: having interactive graphs immediately surfaced the need to save settings. I visit the graphs often, so I often have click around to see what I want, which is distracting.

So for the backlog: saving graph setting. At minimum remember the last setting via a cookie.

Cheers!
greginfla_

PeterW surprised to learn you have switch to another product. You were(are) very helpful when I first started using this product a little over a year ago.

What product did you switch to?

Was the main reason the sub task issue?
PeterW 

Posted by greginfla:
PeterW surprised to learn you have switch to another product. You were(are) very helpful when I first started using this product a little over a year ago.

What product did you switch to?

Was the main reason the sub task issue?

@greg - I'm currently using Appigo's Todo Online. There were a few reasons...

1. Project/subtask handling
2. Manual sort
3. Simpler & nicer interface
4. Works better with Todo for iPhone
5. Development direction

I can expand on these further if you're interested but it probably doesn't belong in this thread. You can reach me at pwatters at live.com.au.
Andrew A

Posted: May 10, 2012
I like... long overdue, and let's not forget it's nice when a back-burnered project gets a little attention. It helps the whole application out in the end when that happens.
jnm_1312428567

Posted: May 11, 2012
Just found this forum - more than a little surprised at the grumpyness here too given the cost of the Pro version ? - well, anyway... but I can certain see how this software has rapidly outgrown it's own shoes, and it is far more capable and inexpensive compared to other Web services that do similar things...

I am on-the-wagon sometimes off-the-wagon GTD'er and I really like the new graphs / visualizations - am already finding them useful. A small issue there with not refreshing when I added a new context, but, even this "high level overview" of your entries is very useful, at least to me.
joseimora

Posted: May 12, 2012
Score: -5 Reference
It's not at all about price, but about performance. I have paid for several "pro" versions of several programs, as well as tried many free ones. As a consultant and now a VP of Ops, I need something that meets my needs - period. I will continue to check in once in a while, but am really turned off by seeing defensive replies from the Administrator.

I am willing and able to pay for the features I need, but that is not offered as an option. At this point, I may just pay someone in Bangalore, India to give me exactly what I want. I am really tired of waiting and I don't like to push on a string.
Torbjörn Hedberg

Posted: May 25, 2012
Score: 3 Reference
Sorry, but the graphs dont work for me. I think the most useful parameters are number of completed, added and modified tasks. Shown by day or week.

This tells me at a glance:
- do I take on too much (added are more than completed)
- do I work actively with my GTD system (modified)

The line graph is the closest. But it, strangely enough, connects the points with lines even though it has nothing to do with gradual changes over time!? This makes it hard to view.

I must say: bring back the old graph!
clango

Posted: Jun 03, 2012
Posted by Torbjörn Hedberg:
I think the most useful parameters are number of completed, added and modified tasks. Shown by day or week.

..... This makes it hard to view.

I must say: bring back the old graph!

One more vote by me!
gammafied_1324438494

Posted: Aug 08, 2012
Graphs are helpful. Sometimes a graphic representation of the same tabular data is so much more helpful. I now want to use the length and timer more often.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.