ForumsNewsMulti-Sort your list by different criteria

Multi-Sort your list by different criteria
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 29, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
We are happy to announce what we have been calling "multi-sort". This was one of our more frequently requested features. Prior to today, you could sort your list by any single criteria (for example, folder). This was nice, but what happens when you have a bunch of tasks that have the same folder and you want to do a secondary sort by some other criteria? Before now, Toodledo had been using Priority and Due-date as secondary and tertiary sort criteria. Now, you can pick any criteria that you want for secondary and tertiary sort criteria. So, if you want to sort your tasks by Priority and then Length and then Tag, go for it!

To access multi-sort, click the "sort" link in the yellow bar at the top of your to-do list.
kleerkoat

Very nice! Thanks for this feature.

Is it possible to have the "To-dos sorted by....." reflect the other multi-sort options? It might clutter it up though, so maybe it's not a good suggestion.

regardless, excellent feature! thanks again!
John

Excellent! I noticed that when I do a folder, then due date, then task name sort, subtasks appear. WHOOHOO! That makes me happy
John

Whoops...just the ones with due dates show up...my bad...still a great feature! Thanks!

Posted by John:
Excellent! I noticed that when I do a folder, then due date, then task name sort, subtasks appear. WHOOHOO! That makes me happy
J-Mac

Posted: May 05, 2008
I don't always check in here daily, so I just now noticed that you added the multi-sort feature. Excellent!

Thanks you so much for this one. For me, this solves a lot of little issues. Super! Keep up the great work!

Jim
david.arcoleo

Excellent. The only thing that's missing now is to have a mode (useful for printing) where you can specify how many (1, 2, 3) of the sort criteria are converted to grouping headings. Right now only the first criteria does that. The great benefit to this feature will be that you can add another feature to hide the columns that have grouping headings. Your printing is currently superior to say, RTM, but would be superior still if most of the printed page wasn't wasted with data that's redundant. This would allow for clear, multi-column printing for example.

-Dave
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
tarch

Posted: May 06, 2008
Excellent. Thank you.

This message was edited May 06, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.