ForumsNewsiOS app update - 3.0.2

iOS app update - 3.0.2
ori.matalon

Posted: Mar 07, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I am trying to download the new version on iPhone. It says "Unable to download application" and have locked the existing version (it cannot be opened).
Simon Fincham

Posted by Jake:
Our 3.0.3 update was just approved by Apple, and it contains a 3x speed up of list loading. Please give it a try.

We have another updating that we are preparing right now that has some additional speed improvements and bug fixes.

Thanks. I've updated both iPad and iPhone to 3.0.3 and it's noticeably 'snappier'. Much of the slowness of the interface seems to have gone from the use I've had so far.

The 'Timer' field still isn't available on my iPhone - should it be? It's on the iPad.
Purveyor

Posted by SimonFincham:
The 'Timer' field still isn't available on my iPhone - should it be?
Yes.

One of our users has the answer. ;-)
Go into Settings, Fields & Defaults and you can make a choice to use or not use a field; further, the placement of those fields top to bottom dictates what is presented to you in the task list? Totally in your control; how great is that!
From: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16121/-76919/read.html
northside.mobile

Score: -1 Reference
Assuming we are stuck with this new version I have 2 requests...

1) Loose the blue banner at the top. It looks desperate and this is not what people meant when they said the app needs color.

2) Make all the buttons on the left side the same large size like "all tasks, hotlist" buttons (plenty of real estate to fit 'em)

This message was edited Mar 07, 2013.
liechr

Hi!

I can't help offering my 2 cents... (and my encouragement to the developers..)

I have been using TD daily for about 3 years. During this time I have also checked out most of the competition, just to see if I was missing something.Well, I obviously wasn't..

With all the turbulence that has been going on in these forums over the past months, I must say that "you can't win them all" is a good way to describe the changes and efforts made by the developers.

Perhaps some of us are making quite a fuzz over minor annoyances with the changes to the software?

I am totally happy with the new layout, colours, fonts and other major and minor changes... and, I live by TD both for work and private tasks...

Kudos to the developers of Toodledo and always looking forward to future changes and added functionality.

Christian
Norway
egratto

I'm one of the folks who honestly could care less about the design as long as the app is functional. I'm happy to adapt to whatever changes -- I'll figure out ways to optimize for myself. But even with the latest update to fix problems with the previous update, TD will not load on my iPad. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've tried logging out and logging back in. Nothing works.

Very, very frustrating.
mlb32704

I have installed 3.0.3 on an iPod 3G, while keeping 3.0.1 on an iPhone 4S, ran some tests, here is what I found...

1.) Speed issues are GONE. I'm not even doing a fair comparison here...the speed to load up the ToodleDo iOS app, toggle between functions, sync, etc. is almost identical between the iPod 3G and iPhone 4S. I'm not sure how Jake did it, but he did it, I'm impressed.

2.) Look and feel issues appear to be getting better. I agree with previous post about the new banner up top, just use the old one in 3.0.1, or the previous one in 3.0.2, this latest one is definitely a little odd looking and doesn't match the overall look and feel of the application.

3.) More look and feel advice...if you would simply and only slightly BOLDFACE the title of the task, just like in 3.0.1, it would look a LOT better and solve many perceived issues that really aren't there. The fact is that there is a lot of wasted space and useless functionality (the Quick Add Task field up top, please just get rid of it!), but even with that, if I do a side by side comparison of the look and feel of tasks from 3.0.1 to 3.0.3, there's actually more space and more information provided per line from new to old, the problem is that it is lost because the font isn't different for task title vs. descriptors like repeat, status, tag, due date, etc. underneath. Fix that and everyone should be happy (but they won't be, sorry Jake).

As far as I am concerned, Jake and team have done a fine job with this latest update, I'm sure that it will only get better, and I am going to update all of my iOS devices to 3.0.3 immediately.

Christoph Dollis

Perhaps some of us are making quite a fuzz over minor annoyances with the changes to the software?
Err, no.

PetrV

Posted: Mar 08, 2013
Posted by northside.mobile:
Assuming we are stuck with this new version...

I have given up and reinstalled 3.0.1. :-(
slateboy

Score: 1 Reference
i think the best solution would be to have a set of "themes" where we can choose between the old look and the new look.
That'd keep everyone happy, wouldn't it?
chrdxn

There's a lot to like about the new version, but add one more vote against the blue color at the top. It looks a bit out of place on the web app too, but much worse on iOS - killing the professionalism and visual appeal that IS present on much of the redesign. Tweaking the shades of gray or including a more compatible color/shade would be the way to go.

This message was edited Mar 08, 2013.
Salgud

I like it, just the way it is. It has some color, but not too much. I know I'm the odd-man-out here, but I don't need you to design just for me. I understand that any design has to be a compromise to our many tastes. Besides, I'm too busy doing things on my Toodledo task list to have time to study the new format and decide what colors, fonts and themes I would prefer. If I wanted to re-design Toodledo, I'd apply for a job there as a designer. As it is, it looks great!
Christoph Dollis

Assuming we are stuck with this new version...

I have given up and reinstalled 3.0.1. :-(
I as well.

Christoph Dollis

Posted by slateboy:
i think the best solution would be to have a set of "themes" where we can choose between the old look and the new look.

Only if stability and speed are as good as version 3.0.1.

Because like choosing a wife, it's more than about looks.

Joyce

Posted: Mar 09, 2013
My expectation is that the newer look will improve with each successive update and I will eventually be able to step up.
Xxx_2

Posted by slateboy:

Perfect would be great, but there are also some issues of changes in behavior over the previous app. Anyway, it would help a lot, I think a great solution and Jake would hit the fly if he chose that path ..
Xxx_2

Posted by Christoph Dollis:
Posted by slateboy:

Only if stability and speed are as good as version 3.0.1.

Because like choosing a wife, it's more than about looks.

yes, first stability and speed, second the "themes" and everything is solved!
tek

Posted by Purveyor:
Here's a link to the previous version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp6uywto4cy1dvc/Toodledo%203.0.1.ipa

Sorry, I didn't get this earlier. Could someone re-up the older version? The link above is no longer working. I really, really, really hated the new version with a passion that was quite surprising for a simple todo list, so I want to be sure to have a backup plan in case the newest revision also kicks me in the gut.

Thanks!

This message was edited Mar 09, 2013.
Purveyor

Your backup plan should be your regular backups of your hard drive ... and you regularly backup your hard drive, right? ;-)

You can Google to find out where the iOS apps are stored on your computer, depending on which operating system you have. Then you can make a copy.
Also, if you've already upgraded the app on your computer, you can find the previous version in the Windows Recycle Bin or in the OS X Trash, as long as you haven't emptied it.

And, here is the previous version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vpeefb21ldirf5/Toodledo%203.0.1.ipa

Anyway, if you hated the first new version, you probably won't like the new, new version.
tek

Thanks for the quick reply, Purveyor. Previous version successfully downloaded. I'll go ahead and give the new version another try.

I suspect that you're right that I won't like the new, new version much, either. But, at least now I'm more psychologically prepared for such a huge change to a program that was already 100% perfect for me in every way. It's pretty hard to improve on perfection, but I'll take another look. I don't like to stay downlevel on software in case there are any security improvements.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.