ForumsNewsiOS app update - 3.0.2

iOS app update - 3.0.2
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 28, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by f_murray:
I have asked support for a copy of the previous version - no response.
Here's a link to the previous version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp6uywto4cy1dvc/Toodledo%203.0.1.ipa

If you have a Mac, you can follow my instructions here:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/16243/-77325/read.html

If you have a Windows computer, Google "install older version iOS app". There are plenty of suggestions.
Christoph Dollis

Score: 0 Reference
Well, Frank, at least you gave it a try. I'm sorry that hasn't worked for you so far.

To answer your question, I don't work for Toodledo.
Christoph Dollis

Oh, I didn't see Purveyor's last comment.

You can give that a try. I hope it works for you. Check out how to install apps using the free program iFunBox from my previous comment on it -- it works great. There are also online instructions for how to do same with iTunes, but I can't help you there. I hate iTunes. :P
Kevin

Posted by Jake:

1) The fonts are too small or too big.

We went through the entire app, and examined each piece of text. For those pieces of text that were too small, we increased the size to match the smallest text found in Apple's own apps. For each piece of text that was too large (mainly the task title), we decreased the font size to allow more information to fit on screen. We then tested this with several people outside of Toodledo, including people of different ages and eyesight ability to make sure that all our fonts were readable.

Jake, I appreciate the testing, but the folder fonts are too small. Optimally, you should give customers the choice of font sizes to use. I have boosted the default fonts on the iPhone, but Toodledo doesn't recognize it. The fonts on the tasks themselves are fine.
-k
Alan

Score: 3 Reference
I have to say that with all of the advice to upgrade, downgrade, use manual installations, try the mobile version, etc, etc, etc.....I appreciate the suggestions and the help, but this is ridiculous. Why should have I have to jump through oops to use an app and system like this?

AND, this is just a design change. There is no new functionality here. As others have said, TD got kudos before because of its intuitive design and ease of use, despite a somewhat complicated system running behind it all.

Now, that's gone. Buttons are too small for many. Fonts are too small according to many users. It can take more steps to get to certain functions. I just do not see what this upgrade has accomplished beyond alienating many users and turning this thread into a bit of a battle.

Earlier today, I extended my pro subscription, but it's just a few bucks, really, and I'm still looking around. TD had lots of bells and whistles I only used occasionally, and so this upgrade has given me the opportunity to re-evaluate my needs to search for another system which works and doesn't require me to resort to a stylus, or have to put on my reading glasses to check tasks and navigate around.

I think I'm out of here soon. Driving away loyal customers with no guarantee that new ones will come along to replace them. Especially after reading this thread.

What a bizarre business strategy!

This message was edited Feb 28, 2013.
JPR

FWIW, if you sync with iTunes for Windows, you can find the old version of any app you update in the Recycle Bin.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted by Alan:
AND, this is just a design change. There is no new functionality here.

We added a bunch of new functionality in this redesign. Quick-add, improved filters, iPad sidebar, faster subtask adding, html notes just to name a few. Here is the complete list: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/16121/-76545/read.html
Jake

Toodledo Founder
As I have mentioned earlier, we have been able to improve the performance of list loading by about 3x. We have also now identified why the app is crashing for some people. It appears that the app is taking too long to launch when people have more than 2000 tasks, especially on slower devices. Our 3x performance fix may have fixed that, but we are looking into further optimizations that we can make. We hope to have this sorted out and submitted to Apple for approval in the next few days.

In the meantime, if it is possible for you to purge old completed tasks from your account to reduce the number of tasks that you have, this will improve performance on iOS and prevent it from crashing.
kentpavelka

How does one purge old, completed tasks?
Purveyor

You can try this:

1. Backup your data. See: https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_backup.php
Or, you can export your tasks as a CSV file.
See: https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_csv.php
2. Create a Search for old, completed tasks. See: https://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
3. Use the Multi-Edit function to delete the tasks. (Same link as #2 above.)

Then sync your iPhone/iPad.

Christoph Dollis

Posted by kentpavelka:
How does one purge old, completed tasks?

Short of deleting them one by one, the easiest way is to do a search using the website.

Search > New Search

Use criteria "Checked Off" :: "Yes"

Then do a multi-edit for "Deleted". Check first, of course, that you've only chosen completed tasks.

Purveyor

Posted by Christoph Dollis:
Check first, of course, that you've only chosen completed tasks.
That covers the "completed" part. You still need some way of specifying "old", unless you want to delete all your completed tasks.

Specify "Date Completed is before" a specific date, or "was not in the last" number of days.
raindog308

Score: 2 Reference
This may sound minor, but I really prefer the old buttons. They feel more like buttons and the feedback when pressed is better.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The easiest way is in your account settings, at the bottom of the page. There is a tool for deleting old completed tasks.

http://www.toodledo.com/delete_completed.php

You can also make a saved search that finds completed tasks based on completion date and then multi-edit those as well. This would be a good option if you want to keep some old completed tasks, like a certain folder.
markhurd

Score: 4 Reference
Very interesting thread. I have been using the app for a few months and like it. I have had no issue with the update, and, in fact I like it. and I will continue to use it. It has functionality that the other to-do apps lack. So Jake, keep up the good work.

People are very passionate and some are down right belligerent about the update. I guess I would be, too if I had a 1000+ things to do on my list. I find the fonts of appropriate size and I'm over 60 so it's not that I have perfect vision. Thanks for working on the speed, but I only have a little over 200 To-Dos (done and undone) because I erase the done stuff regularly, so the speed is fine for me.

Hope the furor dies down. Thanks again.
-Mark
fool

Score: 3 Reference
Dear All

I am glad to inform you that I succeeded in downgrading from 3.0.2 back to 3.0.1. and is now enjoying the speed, the font size and the simplicity of the design.
Christoph Dollis

Posted: Mar 01, 2013
Posted by fool:
Dear All

I am glad to inform you that I succeeded in downgrading from 3.0.2 back to 3.0.1. and is now enjoying the speed, the font size and the simplicity of the design.

lol Congratulations.
brage.strand

Love the new features where you can expand the context, due dates, priority and so forth! And te fact that they stay open!
f_murray

Latest Update:

Tried deleting all old data (approx 350 items) and then rebooting iPad 2 with no other Apps running.

Toodledo still hangs and crashes.
grahamjclarke

My TD App on my iPhone just updated with the new OS and while it may be more functional I prefer the old layout. I was just that bit easier to navigate with. My screens a bit to busy now. Other than that love the app. Dislike the update.

Graham

This message was edited Mar 01, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.