ForumsNewsUpdates to due dates and start dates

Updates to due dates and start dates
davek

Posted: Apr 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Just wanted to say thanks for the Optionally on qualifier....

It is an awesome feature! Saves me alot of effort from manually moving the optional tasks from day-to-day.

Great job!

davek
Roman Roque

Posted: Apr 25, 2009
What ical sync link should I use such that the start time to the end time of the task is displayed correctly on my calendar?
Anders

Posted by Roman Roque:
What ical sync link should I use such that the start time to the end time of the task is displayed correctly on my calendar?

The Google Calendar optimized subscription is working fine for me. I have read that others are having problems with the iCal in Outlook and Apple iCal, but I don't know if the Google subscription would work for those programs. What program are you subscribing on?
Roman Roque

Hi, I have figured out the problem.

Already existing tasks WILL NOT show the due time to start time event block in iCal properly. The task will simply show in the calendar as an event scheduled for the due time.

However, creating new tasks makes the feature work as described by the update. All I did was remake existing tasks and everything worked out perfectly as intended.

Thank you for such an helpful update! this makes my calendar/task even more powerful.
rdtaylorjr

Posted: Jul 02, 2009
I don't mean to complain because toodledo is awesome and has improved my life greatly... but... I don't like this new combined date/time feature at all. the little box that pops up is cluttered and confusing. And, the worst part is that it doesn't go away when I move my mouse away from it. I have to swish my mouse across it three or four times to get it to go away. And, if I accidentally click somewhere else on the page before the silly box "automatically" disappears, it doesn't save the changes I made to the date/time, and I have to re-enter them all over again. Perhaps you could come up with a better way to implement this feature, but as it stands now, it is extremely annoying and has severely hurt my motivation to keep up with my task list.
Anders

Posted: Jul 02, 2009
What browser are you using? That does not sound quite like what I experience with the date/time box.
KatBoy

Posted: Jul 03, 2009
I'm getting the same thing - most annoying and have to reset the date several times; using Firefox 3.0.11.
Anders

Posted: Jul 03, 2009
If you double click on a date or hit enter after entering a date the box will close and save your date.
Victor

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Murphybp2:
Will the hiding of future start dates consider both the start date & time now? So if I set a task to start on the 20th at 5pm, it won't show up until after 5pm?

I would also like this. Currently, the only thing the start time does is to place the task in iCal at the current time. It does nothing for hiding the task until the start time has passed. I would like it if when hiding future tasks, a task would remain hidden until BOTH the start date AND start time had passed.

This message was edited Sep 17, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.